New To The CX-5

LauraH0N

:
Mazda CX-5
Hi there!! I'm Laura..
Recently I just passed my driving test (at 28.. yeah, I'm slow, LOL) and so now my Mum has just gifted me her car (my parents had two... no need for two anymore, so they thought why not. I think they also offered me it to speed me up to get a pass!!). So far it's been great, I'm loving it. I've only had it for two days lol but I'm happy with it. My husband is jealous.. he's trying to invest in a new car but it's taking him a long time to find the right one for the right price. He's probably going to go food shopping for once though just to use the car so I can't complain too much haha!! I do want to take my kids in it too, obviously, but before I do I need to find a new car seat for them. Well, just one. One of ours broke and since they're both young tikes, we're on the hunt for a good one that'll last a while. It's all systems go lately... looking forward to driving to a holiday destination this summer, though... fed up of travelling abroad.
Anyway I'm rambling... just came on here to say hello and get to know some people so if anything goes wrong with the car, I'll know who to ask!! (rofl)

Welcome.

I've had really good luck with Britax child seats. You have the right small suv, now time for the right car seat. Enjoy...

Welcome. Don't feel so bad about your driving test. I didn't get my full license until I was in my early 30's. I see you're in Surrey, and am assuming that's BC. Do they have the graduated licensing there (G1, G2, then G)? Congrats on the car. Hubby and I are picking up our new 2017 today!!!! (cabpatch)(cabpatch)

Welcome and congrats on the CX-5! I echo 7 in asking what year and color? :D

I know several people who either don't drive or are getting their license pretty old, or drove years ago, haven't had a need to drive for years/didn't renew license, and are now trying to get back into it. Honestly, it's fairly common, so nothing to worry about!

Let us know if you have any more questions, we are always here to help! (I cannot speak to car seats lol) :)

Welcome! The CX-5 is a great family car. Big enough space in the back that you can put two relatively large strollers side by side. Good space in the 2nd row as well. Even with a big rear facing car seat, I can still sit in the front passenger seat (I could not do that in my Mazdaspeed3). My wife didn't get her driver's license until she was 30.

Welcome and congrats on the CX-5! I echo 7 in asking what year and color? :D

I know several people who either don't drive or are getting their license pretty old, or drove years ago, haven't had a need to drive for years/didn't renew license, and are now trying to get back into it. Honestly, it's fairly common, so nothing to worry about!

Let us know if you have any more questions, we are always here to help! (I cannot speak to car seats lol) :)

Well that makes me feel better (wiggle) I've known a few people who got their license a bit late so I'm not toooo worried, it's nice to know I'm not the only on. How long have you been driving?? I do really enjoy it.. can see myself taking drives in the middle of the night by myself just for fun haha :)

Welcome. Don't feel so bad about your driving test. I didn't get my full license until I was in my early 30's. I see you're in Surrey, and am assuming that's BC. Do they have the graduated licensing there (G1, G2, then G)? Congrats on the car. Hubby and I are picking up our new 2017 today!!!! (cabpatch)(cabpatch)

Surrey as in England! Haha I'm across the sea :) I don't believe we have graduating licenses but we do have 'P' plates that act like 'L' plates only they're mean P for passed, so other drivers know you're new on the road in case they beep at you for any mistakes! (cabpatch) and wow cool!!! Enjoy!!

Welcome.

I've had really good luck with Britax child seats. You have the right small suv, now time for the right car seat. Enjoy...

I came across Britax actually here... http://www.prams.net/britax-roemer-primo-car-seat-isofix-base-cosmos-black-d

But I did have more of a browse and found others like this.. http://www.prams.net/cybex-aton-4-car-seat

Second one is a bit cheaper as well. Might have a look for ones that are for older toddlers as well, my kids are onlz very young but you know they always grow at a ridiculous speed lol!! But yes I'm happy I've got such a good car for family :)

Well that makes me feel better (wiggle) I've known a few people who got their license a bit late so I'm not toooo worried, it's nice to know I'm not the only on. How long have you been driving?? I do really enjoy it.. can see myself taking drives in the middle of the night by myself just for fun haha :)
Well...I am at the opposite end of the spectrum and have been driving since 14. Grew up in the mountains so I was always the designated person for clearing snow from our really, really long driveway with the plow we got for the ol' Jeep.

I love to hop into my CX-5 and take random drives! So much fun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Surrey as in England! Haha I'm across the sea :) I don't believe we have graduating licenses but we do have 'P' plates that act like 'L' plates only they're mean P for passed, so other drivers know you're new on the road in case they beep at you for any mistakes! (cabpatch) and wow cool!!! Enjoy!!

Well you definitely are across the pond! My dad was from England too. Don't remember which parts though

Back