Can't use fob after exiting running car

Slawek

:
2017 Mazda 3 GS
My 2017 Mazda 3 GS has the basic keyless entry (remote fob button has to be pressed to unlock / lock doors, but has a push button start).

I noticed when I exit the car with the keys while the car is still running I can not use the fob to unlock / lock doors. I have to manually unlock the doors with the button on the drivers side door. Is there a way to change this so the remote functions even though the car is running?

My 2017 Mazda 3 GS has the basic keyless entry (remote fob button has to be pressed to unlock / lock doors, but has a push button start).

I noticed when I exit the car with the keys while the car is still running I can not use the fob to unlock / lock doors. I have to manually unlock the doors with the button on the drivers side door. Is there a way to change this so the remote functions even though the car is running?

I ran into this exact same issue recently!! luckily the trunk opened so I folded down the rear seat and get the rear door open. very strange glitch..

I couldnt even use the button on the door!

I don't think it's a glitch, Every new car I have driven since 2012 locks out the fob buttons while the engine is running, Subaru, Mazda, Hyundai and Nissan. Hell, even my 98 Taurus with keyless entry disabled the fob when the engine is running.

Back