Where did everybody go?

Oddly, I have a Mazda/Subaru connection, myself. The folks at Subaru were leaning on me hard to go with a WRX, but I went Mazda6 GT. 'cause Canada still gets it with a manual. Comfort over performance, I suppose.

Still have my 5 speed Mazda2 GS. Will be interesting to see what the demand is for the top trim with manual when I sell it. But yes, I was saddened with how little love the 2 has received in North America. It really was/is a fun little car to toss around.

DrWebster: That XT shouldn't steer you wrong. We really like the motor in that model. The visibility, comfort and sure-footedness of the Forester are big plusses. A friend has a mid-trim '15 Forester and he still loves his car. He's not a "car guy" so the straightforwardness of the middle trim is all he wanted, and it works for him.

I love my "WRX"(a swapped Impreza L wagon), since the USA never got the 1st gen, it's a really unique car. But the 2 is fun in a whole different way. It feels like a reliable, FWD version of my old E30 318is. The itch is strong to 'upgrade' to a faster car, but My Poverty-Spec 2 is dead reliable, simple, and has dirt cheap consumables. And when I pop the hood, I see an engine and identifiable parts, not a supercomputer. I've always had a soft spot for "unloved" cars...since it's discontinuation, I love my Mz2 even more. A few years ago, I drove, autocrossed, and modded a Subaru Baja Turbo, one of the "ugliest cars of all time". (cheers)

How's everyone's paint holding up? 3 upstate NY winters have left my paint pretty nuked.

I still love mine, but other than wanting the new conti extremes on it...I haven't needed to tinker with it. I've been trying to talk my wife into doing the scca targa event with me in it, but for some reason she hates it and wants to take our track focused miata instead. Mine has recently been leading a somewhat easier life since I picked up a beater outback for trips into the mountains for kayaking, family trips, etc.

I've had mine all of 2 weeks and I've already put 15x8 6ULs, H&R springs, Dunlop Star Specs, DIY motor mount, fancy lugnuts, and a bunch of sticker and plastidip...haha

I'm lurking around. From a company standpoint we are not making anything new but I have been working with some of the B-Spec guys.

-Derrick

I'm lurking around. From a company standpoint we are not making anything new but I have been working with some of the B-Spec guys.

-Derrick

Yea it sucks that the 2 got nerfed by Mazda, kinda figured the aftermarket scene would die off (pissed)

I havent been on in a while, just decided to check in randomly. I got 73000 miles on it and finally paid it off last month, hurrah!!! lol, Now I can use that money for saving and other payments......or just work on my rx7 again

I am just joining! I may be late in the game.... I have a 93 civic hatchback that's my toy and my wife currently dailys the Mazda 2. She wants to mod it and get more power, I do too haha. Looking for all the info.

I am just joining! I may be late in the game.... I have a 93 civic hatchback that's my toy and my wife currently dailys the Mazda 2. She wants to mod it and get more power, I do too haha. Looking for all the info.
To make one of these truly quick takes a lot of effort and money, probably better served by a straight upgrade to something like a Fiesta ST (something I'm seriously eyeballing). That being said, it's easy to add a few HP with an off the shelf intake package and catback. I can even feel an acceleration difference with lighter wheels. If I keep my just-paid-off 2, then I'll get a Dynotronics tune too. The car's so light, that just a few hp is noticeable. Gas mileage and ease of maintenance on mine have also been great.

Sold a 2013 Accord Coupe and bought a 2012 Touring 6 months ago, and loving it - no issues, great car!

Congrats, and welcome.

If you haven't done a tune yet, that is by far the most noticeable thing you will do to it short of $$$ internal engine stuff which is not well supported in the aftermarket for these cars.

Back