Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!
Visit TeamMFactory.com for the best Mazda transmission components!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did everybody go?

2013 Mazda 2 Touring

We traded in our 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring today for a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. Was certainly sad to see Aoi go, and the decision was made more out of a need for something a bit bigger. We test drove a CX-3 and it certainly felt like it kept some of the 2's lineage, but the Forester was simply more comfortable, offered better visibility, and is *way* faster.

I'm not going anywhere though, and I'm still part of the Mazda family...we're keeping Shiroi, our 2013 2.

Registered Member

'13 Mazda 2

Quote Originally Posted by DrWebster View Post
    We traded in our 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring today for a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. Was certainly sad to see Aoi go, and the decision was made more out of a need for something a bit bigger. We test drove a CX-3 and it certainly felt like it kept some of the 2's lineage, but the Forester was simply more comfortable, offered better visibility, and is *way* faster.

I'm not going anywhere though, and I'm still part of the Mazda family...we're keeping Shiroi, our 2013 2.
    I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project.

I was looking at a 90, 91, and 94 Miata this week, but decided to throw the money at the 2 instead. All year, I work full time and coach a sport that has a fair amount of equipment for me to lug around...Can't do that in a Miata. A little dress up, Intake stuff, some ECU work are definitely in store for my future.

It does bum me out that a lot of forum traffic here and elsewhere has migrated to FB. I'm sure it helps law enforcement immensely, though.
    '13 Mazda 2 Sport FSP: CorkSport/Rota/Dunlop/Amazon '96 Impreza Wagon TSM: Bad Wolf

Registered Member

2011 Mazda2 GS

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project.
    Oddly, I have a Mazda/Subaru connection, myself. The folks at Subaru were leaning on me hard to go with a WRX, but I went Mazda6 GT. 'cause Canada still gets it with a manual. Comfort over performance, I suppose.

Still have my 5 speed Mazda2 GS. Will be interesting to see what the demand is for the top trim with manual when I sell it. But yes, I was saddened with how little love the 2 has received in North America. It really was/is a fun little car to toss around.

DrWebster: That XT shouldn't steer you wrong. We really like the motor in that model. The visibility, comfort and sure-footedness of the Forester are big plusses. A friend has a mid-trim '15 Forester and he still loves his car. He's not a "car guy" so the straightforwardness of the middle trim is all he wanted, and it works for him.

'11 Mazda2 5MT, '05 Silverado 5MT, '87 RX7 Sport, Grom, Ninja300

I'm back after a few years away from the forum. I've been through a Fiesta ST and an MX-5 Club, but I just bought another 2011 5 speed Touring 2 and I'm loving it.

2001 Miata, 2011 Mazda 2

I'm still here watching the activity die down. I just hit 30k and changed the oil. She's still basically new! Except for all the parking lot door dings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12