Where did everybody go?

PGTBrow

:
Probe GT, Mazda 2
I've been kinda MIA for a few months, but I do check back from time to time. I still have the Mz2, its paid off at about 130k miles and I have zero intention of getting rid of it. But as I go through here and check the old vendors websites it seems like the 2 has been forgotten lol. I mean come on fellas, those Honderrrr folks talk about the 80s CRXs still, our 2s are only a few years old at this point so lets not let them slip into obscurity.

Any backing from big vendors anymore? Did big name shocks/struts/clutches/headers etc ever become available? Someone please catch me up cause I still want to tinker with my 2! The same the happened to my Ford Probe GT, the vendors and forums drifted away and I still have the car that I don't want to dig into because theres not as many places out there to get parts from anymore.

After a little digging I found a FB page that seems active still lol. Still doesn't quench my thirst for vendors so please list some still active ones!

i'm still around, and still tinkering with my 2!
I've almost hit 30k KM...good to see some life in here!

I'm still here, and still check at least weekly. I don't do Facebook so it's disappointing to see the conversation move over there.

I'm still here, and still check at least weekly. I don't do Facebook so it's disappointing to see the conversation move over there.

Yea the forums are great for organized browsing, where as FB is just whatever topic is the newest and I don't have all day to dig lol.

Aw Ive had my 2012 Sport since 2014 and I'm just now adding some small modifications here and there and now it seems the Mazda 2 section is cut down to just a lounge, I dont see the accessories or engine pages anymore what happend?

Aw Ive had my 2012 Sport since 2014 and I'm just now adding some small modifications here and there and now it seems the Mazda 2 section is cut down to just a lounge, I dont see the accessories or engine pages anymore what happend?

Yeah, I merged all the Mazda2 sub-forums to increase overall activity...Unfortunately, the Mazda2 is not as popular as it once was (especially since it is no longer sold new in North America) and activity in some of the sub-forums was slowing down...We'll see if it helps and I can always recreate sub-forums if needed...Thanks for posting in a bunch of 2 threads and helping boost interest in the Mazda2 forum, Ruckus! :D

Well since buying my car I have been lurking on this site checking out the available options for upgrades. I still check the site anytime Im doing mods on my own. I hope mazda will bring the 2 back to the US but it seem the CX-3 is in competition with it. On the bright side I wont be seing any new Mazda 2's driving around tempting me to buy hahah. And we get to be part of an exclusive mazda 2 club I dont see many driving around here so I plan on keeping mine because its unique.

Yeah, the closest you can get to the current-gen 2 in the US is the Toyota iA, which is a rebadged 2 sedan made in Mazda's new Mexico plant. I've read that Mazda US did go through all the paperwork to certify the 2 hatch for sale in the US, the quote from them that sticks in my mind is "we have it [as an option] if we need it." Sadly, I'm not sure they'll ever need it here again, especially with federal regulations getting rolled back.

I'm here and on the Facebook page.

I demodded mine for daily driving because 700lb spring beat you up driving 30k per year. Got a cheap beater Miata for track stuff, but I suspect the 2 will see more shenanigans in the future maybe 3-5 years from now... FSP build possibly.

I'm still a newbie here and also just sent a join to the FB group. But I posted my ECU thread here as it's googlable for other people and I came up with zilch in my searches prior.

I've been stalking Mazda2 forums and classifieds since 2012. I really want on of these cars wether the online community is strong or not. What is the FB page people are talking about?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We traded in our 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring today for a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. Was certainly sad to see Aoi go, and the decision was made more out of a need for something a bit bigger. We test drove a CX-3 and it certainly felt like it kept some of the 2's lineage, but the Forester was simply more comfortable, offered better visibility, and is *way* faster.

I'm not going anywhere though, and I'm still part of the Mazda family...we're keeping Shiroi, our 2013 2. ;)

We traded in our 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring today for a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. Was certainly sad to see Aoi go, and the decision was made more out of a need for something a bit bigger. We test drove a CX-3 and it certainly felt like it kept some of the 2's lineage, but the Forester was simply more comfortable, offered better visibility, and is *way* faster.

I'm not going anywhere though, and I'm still part of the Mazda family...we're keeping Shiroi, our 2013 2. ;)

I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project.

I was looking at a 90, 91, and 94 Miata this week, but decided to throw the money at the 2 instead. All year, I work full time and coach a sport that has a fair amount of equipment for me to lug around...Can't do that in a Miata. A little dress up, Intake stuff, some ECU work are definitely in store for my future.

It does bum me out that a lot of forum traffic here and elsewhere has migrated to FB. I'm sure it helps law enforcement immensely, though. (spin)

I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project.

Oddly, I have a Mazda/Subaru connection, myself. The folks at Subaru were leaning on me hard to go with a WRX, but I went Mazda6 GT. 'cause Canada still gets it with a manual. Comfort over performance, I suppose.

Still have my 5 speed Mazda2 GS. Will be interesting to see what the demand is for the top trim with manual when I sell it. But yes, I was saddened with how little love the 2 has received in North America. It really was/is a fun little car to toss around.

DrWebster: That XT shouldn't steer you wrong. We really like the motor in that model. The visibility, comfort and sure-footedness of the Forester are big plusses. A friend has a mid-trim '15 Forester and he still loves his car. He's not a "car guy" so the straightforwardness of the middle trim is all he wanted, and it works for him.

I'm back after a few years away from the forum. I've been through a Fiesta ST and an MX-5 Club, but I just bought another 2011 5 speed Touring 2 and I'm loving it.

I'm still here watching the activity die down. I just hit 30k and changed the oil. She's still basically new! Except for all the parking lot door dings :(

Back