CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did everybody go?

2013 Mazda 2 Touring

We traded in our 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring today for a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. Was certainly sad to see Aoi go, and the decision was made more out of a need for something a bit bigger. We test drove a CX-3 and it certainly felt like it kept some of the 2's lineage, but the Forester was simply more comfortable, offered better visibility, and is *way* faster.

I'm not going anywhere though, and I'm still part of the Mazda family...we're keeping Shiroi, our 2013 2.

Registered Member

'13 Mazda 2

Quote Originally Posted by DrWebster View Post
    We traded in our 2011 Aquatic Blue 2 Touring today for a 2017 Subaru Forester XT. Was certainly sad to see Aoi go, and the decision was made more out of a need for something a bit bigger. We test drove a CX-3 and it certainly felt like it kept some of the 2's lineage, but the Forester was simply more comfortable, offered better visibility, and is *way* faster.

I'm not going anywhere though, and I'm still part of the Mazda family...we're keeping Shiroi, our 2013 2.
    I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project.

I was looking at a 90, 91, and 94 Miata this week, but decided to throw the money at the 2 instead. All year, I work full time and coach a sport that has a fair amount of equipment for me to lug around...Can't do that in a Miata. A little dress up, Intake stuff, some ECU work are definitely in store for my future.

It does bum me out that a lot of forum traffic here and elsewhere has migrated to FB. I'm sure it helps law enforcement immensely, though.
    '13 Mazda 2 Sport FSP: CorkSport/Rota/Dunlop/Amazon '96 Impreza Wagon TSM: Bad Wolf

Registered Member

2011 Mazda2 GS

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project.
    Oddly, I have a Mazda/Subaru connection, myself. The folks at Subaru were leaning on me hard to go with a WRX, but I went Mazda6 GT. 'cause Canada still gets it with a manual. Comfort over performance, I suppose.

Still have my 5 speed Mazda2 GS. Will be interesting to see what the demand is for the top trim with manual when I sell it. But yes, I was saddened with how little love the 2 has received in North America. It really was/is a fun little car to toss around.

DrWebster: That XT shouldn't steer you wrong. We really like the motor in that model. The visibility, comfort and sure-footedness of the Forester are big plusses. A friend has a mid-trim '15 Forester and he still loves his car. He's not a "car guy" so the straightforwardness of the middle trim is all he wanted, and it works for him.

'11 Mazda2 5MT, '05 Silverado 5MT, '87 RX7 Sport, Grom, Ninja300

I'm back after a few years away from the forum. I've been through a Fiesta ST and an MX-5 Club, but I just bought another 2011 5 speed Touring 2 and I'm loving it.

2001 Miata, 2011 Mazda 2

I'm still here watching the activity die down. I just hit 30k and changed the oil. She's still basically new! Except for all the parking lot door dings

Registered Member

'13 Mazda 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ranex View Post
    Oddly, I have a Mazda/Subaru connection, myself. The folks at Subaru were leaning on me hard to go with a WRX, but I went Mazda6 GT. 'cause Canada still gets it with a manual. Comfort over performance, I suppose.

Still have my 5 speed Mazda2 GS. Will be interesting to see what the demand is for the top trim with manual when I sell it. But yes, I was saddened with how little love the 2 has received in North America. It really was/is a fun little car to toss around.

DrWebster: That XT shouldn't steer you wrong. We really like the motor in that model. The visibility, comfort and sure-footedness of the Forester are big plusses. A friend has a mid-trim '15 Forester and he still loves his car. He's not a "car guy" so the straightforwardness of the middle trim is all he wanted, and it works for him.
    I love my "WRX"(a swapped Impreza L wagon), since the USA never got the 1st gen, it's a really unique car. But the 2 is fun in a whole different way. It feels like a reliable, FWD version of my old E30 318is. The itch is strong to 'upgrade' to a faster car, but My Poverty-Spec 2 is dead reliable, simple, and has dirt cheap consumables. And when I pop the hood, I see an engine and identifiable parts, not a supercomputer. I've always had a soft spot for "unloved" cars...since it's discontinuation, I love my Mz2 even more. A few years ago, I drove, autocrossed, and modded a Subaru Baja Turbo, one of the "ugliest cars of all time".

How's everyone's paint holding up? 3 upstate NY winters have left my paint pretty nuked.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2012 Mazda 2 Touring SG 5MT

I still love mine, but other than wanting the new conti extremes on it...I haven't needed to tinker with it. I've been trying to talk my wife into doing the scca targa event with me in it, but for some reason she hates it and wants to take our track focused miata instead. Mine has recently been leading a somewhat easier life since I picked up a beater outback for trips into the mountains for kayaking, family trips, etc.
    His - 2012 Mazda2 Spirited Green Touring 5MT
    Hers - 2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo CC 4x4
    Track/Fun - 1999 mostly green miata

'11 Mazda2 5MT, '05 Silverado 5MT, '87 RX7 Sport, Grom, Ninja300

I've had mine all of 2 weeks and I've already put 15x8 6ULs, H&R springs, Dunlop Star Specs, DIY motor mount, fancy lugnuts, and a bunch of sticker and plastidip...haha

Authorized Vendor

All Mazdas!

I'm lurking around. From a company standpoint we are not making anything new but I have been working with some of the B-Spec guys.

-Derrick
    CorkSport
    Mazda Performance

Probe GT, Mazda 2

Quote Originally Posted by ngd298 View Post
    i've had mine all of 2 weeks and i've already put 15x8 6uls, h&r springs, dunlop star specs, diy motor mount, fancy lugnuts, and a bunch of sticker and plastidip...haha
    nice!
    2011 Mazda2: HR Springs, K&N, Racing Beat muffler, CS antenna

Current: 1995 PGT, 1998 Subaru Forester
    Gone: 1993 PGT- Scrapped, 1992 Mazda MX3- Sold, 2004 VW Beetle 1.8T- Traded in

Probe GT, Mazda 2

Quote Originally Posted by CorkSport View Post
    I'm lurking around. From a company standpoint we are not making anything new but I have been working with some of the B-Spec guys.

-Derrick
    Yea it sucks that the 2 got nerfed by Mazda, kinda figured the aftermarket scene would die off
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Stuck in the 70s

2013 Mazda2 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander937 View Post
    Sadly, since finding that, I haven't been here much. Especially since it got so dead here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12