Took lunch at work....ended up coming back with a 2017 CX-5 GT

Yeah, looks like my leather wrapped Touring wheel. OP...do you have a picture of your wheel? Curious as to what it looks like.

Like I said. I was mistaken. But the feel of the wheel feels like its uncovered. Again just need to get use to its a Mazda, just a slightly different breed.

uc

uc

uc

uc

Last edited:
Will this still accept the '16 Mazda tweaks?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I'm letting someone else play guinea pig on that one. =D What I want to do, hack the background image and remove the touch screen lockout shouldn't be an issue. But I'm going to wait a few months to see what people come up with. Or at the very least I'll try and log into the system and poke around the files to see if the same settings are there.

I'm letting someone else play guinea pig on that one. =D What I want to do, hack the background image and remove the touch screen lockout shouldn't be an issue. But I'm going to wait a few months to see what people come up with. Or at the very least I'll try and log into the system and poke around the files to see if the same settings are there.
As long as it's the same version as ours, you'll be fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Like I said. I was mistaken. But the feel of the wheel feels like its uncovered. Again just need to get use to its a Mazda, just a slightly different breed.

-snip-

Thanks Kellic. Definitely looks like it'd feel different from the older models. That would throw me off too.

Thanks Kellic. Definitely looks like it'd feel different from the older models. That would throw me off too.

OK! Good to know we cleared that up!

I am curious to see what the plastic SPORT steering wheel looks like.

Hello Kellic (or anyone who's seen a real 2017 CX-5), did they remove the exterior lights (for turning signal etc.) from the side mirrors? I don't see them in the photos, or the 17 owner's manual! The 2016 manual specifically calls out side mirror "exterior light" in the Pictorial Index section.

Looks like it does to me.
eaaf671cbb0ee254134d798bb73ba900.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hello Kellic (or anyone who's seen a real 2017 CX-5), did they remove the exterior lights (for turning signal etc.) from the side mirrors? I don't see them in the photos, or the 17 owner's manual! The 2016 manual specifically calls out side mirror "exterior light" in the Pictorial Index section.
Yes, they're there for all CX-5 trims embedded with the line on the mirror housing.

Body-colored side mirrors with integrated turn signals

The problem is the HUD is kind of a PITA to take a picture of.

uc

It looks dinky on here but it isn't.

Yeah, it in noway does it justice here, and I haven't been able to photograph it either. It is remarkable though!

Kellic: I don't think you've been asked this before. Is your CX-5 AWD or FWD? What do you think of its responsiveness? Thanks!

Kellic: I don't think you've been asked this before. Is your CX-5 AWD or FWD? What do you think of its responsiveness? Thanks!

Mine is the FWD. Both the wife and I like the steering better. It's lighter at low speeds but gets firmer and requires more force to turn at higher speeds... which makes sense.

Latest posts

Back