Lexus Lane Valet

Funny April Fools!!

Vigilant faster moving traffic yielder here. Heck I even yield to faster moving traffic while in the carpool lane here in WA state. Legally one can just camp out in that far left lane here but I refuse to do that.

EDIT: I don't claim to be a driving angel as I regularly exceed speed limit but you will always see the following from me -->

•*never tailgate

• always maintain substantial following distance

• always utilize turn signals with ample time for other drivers to know my intentions

•*pass on the left 90% of the time. Some times just not possible

• Yield when needed.

Perhaps I get walked on by some but I know someone will return the favor when I need it at some point.
Strangely I'm doing the same like you're doing ⋯ :)

Doing this in some places means folks will drive faster to cut block you off.
I give a signal but for 2 secs max.

I like and use all of these tips... if only everybody else followed them...

Doing this in some places means folks will drive faster to cut block you off.
I give a signal but for 2 secs max.
Are you talking about driving in Houston? When driving in Houston, I start changing lanes then I signal. If you signal before changing lanes, they will not give you the lane LOL.

• always maintain substantial following distance

Until some jack wagon slides in between you and the car ahead of you, decelerate give space, and then someone else does it again. Following distance is pointless when god $(*#& a holes on the road don't follow standard safety practices. I want surface to surface missiles for such people. :(

I need the Lane Valet on my motorcycle!!!

Nearly killed an impatient nimrod on a motorcycle on the weekend. I was passing in the left lane as he comes flying up behind, WAY over the limit of course. And instead of waiting for me to move over after I've sufficiently passed the slower vehicle in the right lane, he decides to squeeze his way in to the little gap between vehicles and pass me on the right just as I start to move over.

Lucky for him I saw him and swerved back in the left lane before I turned him in to a spot on the road.

Until some jack wagon slides in between you and the car ahead of you, decelerate give space, and then someone else does it again. Following distance is pointless when god $(*#& a holes on the road don't follow standard safety practices. I want surface to surface missiles for such people. :(

LOL. I've always wanted the car from Spyhunter!

(laugh)

spyhunterss.jpg

Last edited:

Anyone know how the Radar Cruise Control works in situations like that? I'd be worried that the car would slow itself down too much to keep the programmed distance, thus endangering you from behind.

Anyone know how the Radar Cruise Control works in situations like that? I'd be worried that the car would slow itself down too much to keep the programmed distance, thus endangering you from behind.

On the radar cruise control, you can adjust the programmed distance between your car and the one ahead. Ive adjusted mine to be a good bit closer than the factory preset, just because if you leave too much gap, 3 or 4 other cars will fill it before you can blink.

Normally the MRCC adjusts your speed so smoothly you dont even notice it. Of course, if some idiot pulls in 10ft in front of you and slows down quickly, it will apply the brakes if you dont!

I probably need to try a newer vehicle with radar cruise... I have it on my '07 G35x and it wasn't optioned on the '12 GX 460 I just picked up but I will say my experience with the old '07 leaves me using old school cruise control more often. In traffic, on my Infiniti anyways it is super safe and always slowing down and hitting brakes. It also has 3 preset distances but I've never found one that worked that well when traffic got heavier.

Back