Tire pressure on GT and Signature

Clone2002

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
Recently got a 2016 CX9 signature and recently the front tires look ever so slightly low. Checked online and suggested PSI is 34 but even at that PSI the front tires seem low. I'm assuming the weight distribution of the car is to blame. Does anybody have any suggestions on adjusted tire pressure or whether it's ok as is? Thank you!

Follow the placard on the car. 34 psi is correct. Check with more than one pressure gauge. I've thrown away gauges that are different from the majority I have.

Recently got a 2016 CX9 signature and recently the front tires look ever so slightly low. Checked online and suggested PSI is 34 but even at that PSI the front tires seem low. I'm assuming the weight distribution of the car is to blame. Does anybody have any suggestions on adjusted tire pressure or whether it's ok as is? Thank you!

It may seem low also because of the lower profile tires than what most people have been used (like me)...I actually had to adjust mine down as when I got delivery of ours, it was around 40psi from dealership! I followed the recommended pressure found on the sticker by the driver's door

Thanks guys - good call on trying multiple gauges, will give that a shot. Regarding the lower profile tires, I don't think that's the issue. When I compare the front tires to the rear tires, the front seem to have lower pressure (or simply look more compressed than the rear). But sounds like you're both saying you keep it at 34 PSI and that that's working for you...

I've been running the recommended 34 psi all around without issue for over 7k miles.

Turns out that it was 2 psi high for part of the time since I discovered that the gauge I was using reads 2 psi high when compared with calibrated gauges.
I now use a calibrated gauge for all of my cars.

The fronts carry more weight, so they'll show it with more bulge. The AWD system may require tires with the same O.D., so all 4 pressures need to be the same. (That's the same 34 cold inflation pressure. How about lots of hot driving where the heavily laden fronts will build more pressure? One thing I'm sure of...Mazda engineers know more about this than I do.)

You guys running Nitro or Compressed? Mine came from Mazda with Nitro, I had no idea they were still even using it.

I'm running 34 psi but because of the bulge on the front tires I may go up to 35 just to make it look uniform.

Chevy would put 38psi in my Traverse with 18's (6 lug wheels) and it was so choppy. Went down to the 34psi and it drove better than my Mom's Caddy. It actually does, smoothest driving SUV I've ever driven. I love my CX-9 though, can't go back.

Back