3 week wait for lower front bumper cover! 2017 CX-9 GT

boogaboo

:
2017 Mazda CX-9
Back to Mazda247 with new 2017 Mazda CX-9 GT, I am thrilled despite a fender bender my wife got into on day 5 after we took delivery...Well, murphys law I guess...(smash). 2K in damage. (bang)

The thing that surprised me was that there is a 3+ week back order on the part! What on earth? Isn't that the part that will be ordered the most regular?

Just wanted to see if anyone has had these back orders for bumpers or any other part for that matter?

I callled Mazda central Customer Service already, nothing they could do nothing to expedite.

That stinks. There's no reason they shouldn't be in stock immediately.

One thing's for sure though, the CX-9 is not the vehicle to get in a fender bender in. It's gotta be one of the most expensive (for the insurance company) front ends to repair due to a minor crash. The front end is a work of art but their is no "bumper". Plus you have the protruding grill that will be destroyed in the slightest bump.

Do you have any pics to share?

We had 2 incidents on our CX-9 2016 GT.
Windshield cracked on the way back from Vermont (ski trip) in January, we had to wait a month for a new windshield (the car was drive-able)
Next rip to Vermont we hit a deer actually the deer hit us (I was driving very slow 30 mph when I saw it coming and I stopped) the whole left fender went in by 1/4 of an inch no bumps or dents the left door had a small dent very minor. We didn't need any parts just paint. This were our first incidents since we came to US 11 years ago all of them with this new car :(.
No more ski trips at least this year.

Slightly different issue but I ordered a 2017 CX-9 3.5 weeks ago (got it 2.5 weeks ago) and I ordered the OEM 2 inch hitch accessory... turns out the hitches that Mazda has in stock don't fit the 2017 and the are currently trying to rebuild them so that they fit. Wonder how long its going to take. Seems like they are having a lot of problems with their manufacturing keeping up with demand. Pretty annoying.

Slightly different issue but I ordered a 2017 CX-9 3.5 weeks ago (got it 2.5 weeks ago) and I ordered the OEM 2 inch hitch accessory... turns out the hitches that Mazda has in stock don't fit the 2017 and the are currently trying to rebuild them so that they fit. Wonder how long its going to take. Seems like they are having a lot of problems with their manufacturing keeping up with demand. Pretty annoying.

What demand? The CX-9 is one of the slowest selling SUV's/CUV's. Not sure what Mazda's up to but they seem to be taking their sweet time on a lot of things. They keep releasing vehicles late and they can't produce parts. They're not helping themselves. What would've happened if the CX-9 sold unexpectedly well as it should be as one of the best if not the best vehicle in class? There would be 6 month wait to get one. Ford sells like 20 Explorers for each CX-9. It's like Mazda doesn't want to grow at all.

I am in the same situation. Go rear ended spitting at a stop light 4K worth of damage. Waiting on the rear bumper. Ugh should be in next week but almost a month without my new car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am in the same situation. Go rear ended spitting at a stop light 4K worth of damage. Waiting on the rear bumper. Ugh should be in next week but almost a month without my new car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was your tailgate damaged? There's only like a half inch of bumper extending past the hatch.

Was your tailgate damaged? There's only like a half inch of bumper extending past the hatch.

No they hit the back right
fb057c66162676f7846bf7f6ea9b3721.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, and we wonder why car insurance costs so much. Minor damage these days = $4,000.

Well for all of you with a fender bender, a lite tap on the front bumper and had to wait 4 months to the day before I got my car back, 11k, all Oem parts. The one part that took the longest was the hood release cable, Mazda next day air from Japan, on the last month, but I will give it to them, they picked up the tab on my rental car for a month over this. My windshield was two months out, not related to the accident.....

Don't know why it shows my old CX9 2007, it's a 2016 now.

Last edited:
Almost a month now for my bumper...Just told me they got it in! Fingers crossed I will pick the car up this week I hope...

Slooow...took care of my lease payment though. (wow) Called Mazda Corporate customer care on bodyshop's suggestion, CS was very accomodating. 1-800-222-5500, ask for a supervisor.

My eyes get watery seeing the damage to a beautiful vehicle :)

Sadly, it can take time on parts for newish models, especially with freakish front ends (ex new Lexus, etc.). Mazda, being smaller, probably stretches it out.

I've been waiting for over a month for a windshield warranty replacement. I'm getting condensation inside and they won't reseal the windshield until a spare part arrives...

Back