2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

It's a bumper bully. It's currently parked on the street in NYC waiting to pick up its first scratch...

As an aside, as I was installing the car seats in the back, someone stopped their car next to me and asked what the color was! Pictures don't do the soul red crystal justice. To be fair, all of the colors I saw at the dealer were decent.
LOL. Because that's what New Yorkers do. Just stop thier car in the street. Haha. Saw that a lot when I visited.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Real men have big headlights. LOL No...Not compensating. Lmao. Sunset in CLE.
318db84b5ab40c1f4652f0222974f31b.jpg

LOL. Because that's what New Yorkers do. Just stop thier car in the street. Haha. Saw that a lot when I visited.

New Yorkers are quick to let you know what's on their mind! Even if that involves stopping their car and yelling out the window. This time it was a welcome pleasantry.

Here's another photo of the new ride.

IMG_20170417_151229~2.jpg

afa608e4e7381474c0d861ecb3a87062.jpg

I parked in front of a first gen car. There's a slightly different angle on the two cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, the 17 looks so much lower and that is with the 19" on the 17 and the 17" on the older version. The 17 just looks so much sleeker...

Last edited:
Thanks! I wasn't a big fan of the wheels on the GT from the pictures I saw prior to buying but in person they seem to go quite well with the car.
I like the wheels too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

afa608e4e7381474c0d861ecb3a87062.jpg

I parked in front of a first gen car. There's a slightly different angle on the two cars.

2017 model looks smaller than the previous model but in fact is slightly longer and has shrunk a little in height.

Yea, that's a cool pic. Looks so much smaller!

Seeing them side by side cements my preference of the Gen1 external appearance.

Ditto. I finally sat in the new one (a GT) and wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be with the interior either. Sure, lots of nice new features and great sound-proofing, but I think some have oversold the fit & finish "luxury brand" aspects. Seats didn't feel any more comfortable to me than the 2016 and I didn't find the new door handle *that* much better. ;)

2017 model looks smaller than the previous model but in fact is slightly longer and has shrunk a little in height.

That might well be accentuated by my use of a smartphone camera with a wide angle lens.

It'll distort perspective a bit with close objects looking unusually large and far objects unnaturally small compared to how the human eye would naturally perceive it.

Here's a view from the front:

187a567d0d9468f8bbf4056e89ccb00c.jpg

In contrast I think it makes the first gen appear smaller.

That might well be accentuated by my use of a smartphone camera with a wide angle lens.

It'll distort perspective a bit with close objects looking unusually large and far objects unnaturally small compared to how the human eye would naturally perceive it.

Here's a view from the front:

187a567d0d9468f8bbf4056e89ccb00c.jpg

In contrast I think it makes the first gen appear smaller.

From this angle the 1st gen looks smaller!

Back