2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

They're not bad, I'm not a fan of earth tones and subtlety; I'm kind of a loud color type fan. Really wish there was more than soul red.

If only soul red was more aggressive like this

f8c819296959e95189ca5a23ab529087.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

BMW does very well with colors, but that red... looks like a TV that needs its color settings tweaked, LOL! That is retina burning. I do so very much like their blues, though. (thumb)

Saw a couple 2017 on the road and agree with this. 2016 exterior had that somewhat stand out look while the 2017 looks more like a Mitsubishi Outlander or a BMW X1 or something. Does not seem to stand out from the other rectangular boxes imo.

Of course everything has improved on the 2017 like sound deadening, rear vents etc.
Yep, saw a white one and it took me a good while of looking at it to tell if it was a CX-5 or not.

The new ones are clearly better equipped and refined vehicles, but it's styling is not really unique anymore. Not to the point where you can immediately tell it's a CX-5 like the first gen. Especially when being from the side with a slight bit of distance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think the 2017 styling is more unique. I also think it's kind of ugly. I started laughing when I saw how big that grille is in person. It takes up most of the front bumper.

The CX-9 works it better because it's a larger vehicle. I don't think it works all that well on the CX-5.

Why do they make speedometer to 160 MPH ??? LOL

Not sure about that sticking out tablet in the middle. Enjoy your new ones regardless.

Not sure about that sticking out tablet in the middle. Enjoy your new ones regardless.
I wondered that too. Sat in a Miata last week and they only went up to 140.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Spotted a white 2017 CX-5 driving down the road today.

I have to be honest though, it took me a good while of looking at it (it was stopped at a light and I was in a parking lot) to figure out it was a CX-5 from the side. No swoop :(

I think what would help to identify the gen2 models from a distance would be the Mazda rotary themed wheel designs. The gen1s body style (profile and rear quarter panels) were easy to identify from a distance...they were either CX-5s or a BMW.

I think what would help to identify the gen2 models from a distance would be the Mazda rotary themed wheel designs. The gen1s body style (profile and rear quarter panels) were easy to identify from a distance...they were either CX-5s or a BMW.

The really squinty headlights are easy to spot, also.

will someone throw some 20s on one of these already! cant stand the OEM wheel options...need to see if car is salvagable! Custom Concept has me thinking it should be but I need to see a "real world" example :)

Because in markets that have km/h (160mph = 260km/h), they normally range from 220km/h to 300km/h (137mph to 186mph). The only exception is Japan where they have "an agreement" that no vehicle is to be faster than 180km/h (111mph), even though some are. Hence their speedometers go only to 180km/h.

The front grille is sufficiently different enough to see from a distance.

Silver is the way to go for low maintenance, Plus looks a little classy ;)

Yep- I don't think we need any fire engine red CX-5s but hey if that's your thing- why not pukey yellow too:)...says the guy w/the orange X1 haha!- but wait I can explain! It was a bargain and I only leased it!! Oh well- choice is good I guess bottom line..
As for silver... liquid>sonic- am I right?

Last edited:
Hyundai Genesis concept, almost looks like the new CX-5 except with the "swoop" and nicer wheels.....

I actually wish the new CX-5 profile looks like this ! this is actually more in line with their KODO "soul of motion" philosophy

http://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/design/

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/17/where-is-hyundai-upscale-genesis-going-what-is-it/#slide-4985449

they're ripping off Mazda's signature wing grill..... front also looks slightly similar to the new CX-5, the hyundai front is FUGLY though,
reminds me of the CX-7 with the drop fenders around the front wheels....

Last edited:
Less chatter and other car pics, more 17 CX-5 pics!!! Here are a couple I saw in the "Hater-ration" thread:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yep- I don't think we need any fire engine red CX-5s but hey if that's your thing- why not pukey yellow too:)...says the guy w/the orange X1 haha!- but wait I can explain! It was a bargain and I only leased it!! Oh well- choice is good I guess bottom line..
As for silver... liquid>sonic- am I right?

Sonic Silver I believe

Less chatter and other car pics, more 17 CX-5 pics!!! Here are a couple I saw in the "Hater-ration" thread:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks nice and I see you have parker lights on

IMG_20170417_151204~2.jpg

I'm a new poster and struggling to insert fotos. Hopefully a picture of my GT in soul red shows up. Great car, great color.

What's that on your back bumper?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a bumper bully. It's currently parked on the street in NYC waiting to pick up its first scratch...

As an aside, as I was installing the car seats in the back, someone stopped their car next to me and asked what the color was! Pictures don't do the soul red crystal justice. To be fair, all of the colors I saw at the dealer were decent.

It's a bumper bully. It's currently parked on the street in NYC waiting to pick up its first scratch...

As an aside, as I was installing the car seats in the back, someone stopped their car next to me and asked what the color was! Pictures don't do the soul red crystal justice. To be fair, all of the colors I saw at the dealer were decent.

Ahh, cool

Yes soul red looks very nice

I was picking mine up at dealers and was in the car getting info on the features when someone took selfie in front of my car LOL

Back