2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

from the japanese mazda site
OsgpdeH.jpg

Also here are the mudguards in case anyone (like me) was looking for pics
x7hx6bJ.jpg

Here's the link for the catalog in case anyone wants to do more searching:
http://www2.mazda.co.jp/accessories/web_cat/cx-5/pc.html

I don't think the remote works when the car is operational. Same for lift gate. You also have to press the button for a second or two for it to actually work.

Sent from my cell phone

Good to know one has to hold the button even when car is not in motion. Thanks!

For those with or had both the 2016.5 Tech Package and now the 2017 CX-5, how do the LED headlights compare? Would be a cool if there was a comparison shot.

For those with or had both the 2016.5 Tech Package and now the 2017 CX-5, how do the LED headlights compare? Would be a cool if there was a comparison shot.

Both model years have LED headlights, so I don't think there will be much difference. However I am still curious to know if there are differences, good question.

I love my eternal blue. The color changes depending on the how much sunlight there is. Bright sunny day, it looks blueish green and as the day goes on it gets a more refined, classy blue color. Mazda did a really nice job with this color.
Most of the colours on this vehicle look great [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Spotted a white 2017 CX-5 driving down the road today.

I have to be honest though, it took me a good while of looking at it (it was stopped at a light and I was in a parking lot) to figure out it was a CX-5 from the side. No swoop :(

Mazdas been doing good colors for a few years now, I think.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed, since around the time of the first CX-5 launch and the current generation 6 I believe

The only colors I've never liked were the lighter blues like blue reflex and equivalent.

The rest of the colors (including the dark blues) are damn sexy.

The only colors I've never liked were the lighter blues like blue reflex and equivalent.

The rest of the colors (including the dark blues) are damn sexy.

Mazdas been doing good colors for a few years now, I think.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Most of the colours on this vehicle look great [emoji3]

They're not bad, I'm not a fan of earth tones and subtlety; I'm kind of a loud color type fan. Really wish there was more than soul red.

If only soul red was more aggressive like this

f8c819296959e95189ca5a23ab529087.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If they​ brought back the MPS performance option/sub brand then yes but I believe the current soul red is fine.

Last edited:
Awesome thread. Should be a sticky.

All colors look good. I'll probably be going with silver. Easy maintenance!

Overall, i think the 2017 looks very nice, but the wheels on the 2016.5 GT are among the best I've ever seen on any SUV, and I like it better than the 2017s wheels. I like the 2017 interior, although I think the 2016.5 interior is very nice too. In addition, I think the exterior of the 1st gen CX-5 looks more rugged, meaning that it's something that you can take off roading in light to moderate terrain, while the 2nd gen looks more elegant and luxurious, but something that you want to keep on a paved road. Either way, i think Mazda has a huge winner with the 2017 CX-5, and it will be interesting to see how it evolves over the next 3-5 years.

Overall,while the 2nd gen looks more elegant and luxurious, but something that you want to keep on a paved road. Either way, i think Mazda has a huge winner with the 2017 CX-5, and it will be interesting to see how it evolves over the next 3-5 years.

Saw a couple 2017 on the road and agree with this. 2016 exterior had that somewhat stand out look while the 2017 looks more like a Mitsubishi Outlander or a BMW X1 or something. Does not seem to stand out from the other rectangular boxes imo.

Of course everything has improved on the 2017 like sound deadening, rear vents etc.

Back