2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

Kind of funny. Had my car almost 4 months. Can't even tell you if my Commander Knob area buttons are lit on my GT.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Interesting... there must be more illumination on the GT. Most of that isn't lit up in my GX!

It's odd that your GX has essentially no night time illumination. Just the lights to indicate key settings which should show up when the main headlights are off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's odd that your GX has essentially no night time illumination. Just the lights to indicate key settings which should show up when the main headlights are off.

Your country's Mazda HQ made that decision

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kind of funny. Had my car almost 4 months. Can't even tell you if my Commander Knob area buttons are lit on my GT.

Fair point!

I was driving my GT at night for the first time tonight. The headlight settings are on the left hand stalk - which certainly has no illumination. Took me a few goes to get it to AUTO so I could check out the auto high beam.

Your country's Mazda HQ made that decision

I'm glad our guys spent the 5 to light up the consol! Seems an odd omission on an otherwise carefully spec'd out car with premium ambitions.

Fair point!

I was driving my GT at night for the first time tonight. The headlight settings are on the left hand stalk - which certainly has no illumination. Took me a few goes to get it to AUTO so I could check out the auto high beam.

Stalks usually have no illumination

Stalks usually have no illumination

Yeah that's true. I guess my recent cars have dials on the dash for headlight control, which generally are illuminated.

One more thing for my tiny mind to remember.

Oh man... I'm laughing now. I was thinking more about it and decided it made no sense that my GX would have so little illumination, so I went back out to look again. I thought I had turned my headlights on when I looked before, but I guess not! Doh. (rolleyes)

Forgive me, I've only had it for about 56 hours now. Not quite long enough for anything to immediately stand out as unusual. My apologies for the confusion! No worries though, night illumination on the GX is just as it should be... (whistle)

2meeavo.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's true. I guess my recent cars have dials on the dash for headlight control, which generally are illuminated.

One more thing for my tiny mind to remember.

Correct. My old car had illuminated dial in the dash

I'm glad our guys spent the 5 to light up the consol! Seems an odd omission on an otherwise carefully spec'd out car with premium ambitions.

Good job [emoji106] [emoji3]

Meh. I prefer less illumination. I miss Night Panel in my Saab that would dim all non essential lighting in the cabin.

Meh. I prefer less illumination. I miss Night Panel in my Saab that would dim all non essential lighting in the cabin.

Each to their own[emoji3]

this is the best picture I've seen so far that's closest to the new red color as seen in real life ....... nice, congrats !

damn that color is sexy as hell.......

The 2017 version of soul red (crystal metallic, as opposed to metallic) does look a little more saturated and attractive than previous years when I was at the dealership. But even the old soul red was my top favorite. The reason I've ended up with a gray 16.5 CX-5, instead of a red one, is that I want a color that blends in better with the black base of the side mirrors. Speaking of which I've noticed that this black portion in the 2017 CX-5 is slightly larger than that in the first gen CX-5, so stands out a bit more than previous years (assuming light colored car body). Some car manufacturers seem to have opted to provide full side mirror that matches the body color.

Pretty sure they all offer side mirror colors on higher trims.

Pretty sure they all offer side mirror colors on higher trims.

If you mean the entire mirror as one colour? Not here in Australia:

2017-Mazda-CX-5-22.jpg

Blue is base model Maxx, white is Touring model which is 3rd from bottom or 3rd from top (which ever way you look at it) and red is top of the range Akera. All of them have black bottoms on their mirrors.

Seems this is all countries.

Just checked Japan's website and it's the same. Even their optional accessories (Kenstyle) has fancy turn signal lighting but bottom is still black:

Capture.jpg

From the Mazda AUS website:
a54d8a82e2879f6a585f10e386642089.jpg

Talking about the outside of the mirror. Specifically mentioned on the US page under GT trim: body colored side mirror.

Last edited:
yes I'm indeed referring to the black bottom. But my wife disagrees with me, thinking it actually looks nicer to have the black bottom, as a feature of the car body, else it may appear the whole car has been dipped in a giant pool of paint.

From the Mazda AUS website:
a54d8a82e2879f6a585f10e386642089.jpg

Talking about the outside of the mirror. Specifically mentioned on the US page under GT trim: body colored side mirror.

Which in Mazda speak means the bulk of the mirror is body coloured, not the whole. It's the same for other Mazdas:

From Australian website:

Capture.jpg

Quote as body coloured here too (Aussie brochure):

image.jpg

yes I'm indeed referring to the black bottom. But my wife disagrees with me, thinking it actually looks nicer to have the black bottom, as a feature of the car body, else it may appear the whole car has been dipped in a giant pool of paint.

I don't mind it at all on my Mazda6 and won't mind it either on my upcoming CX-5.

If you mean the entire mirror as one colour? Not here in Australia:

Blue is base model Maxx

Oh dear, I don't like the steel wheels on the Maxx. The last UK CX5 had alloys as standard, I hope the 2017 model does.

Oh dear, I don't like the steel wheels on the Maxx. The last UK CX5 had alloys as standard, I hope the 2017 model does.
That style of rims has been on the base model since the release of the first generation back in 2012/2013

Back