2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

I've been driving my 17' cx5 for about 3 weeks now, I've noticed that the stop sign recognition is really slow. Im already slowing down to nearly a crawl then it pops up on the HUD. The stops signs are in plain view and this happens on a perfectly sunny day. Seems like more of a gimmick then a true safely feature. Also i dont think it has other sign recognition like yield signs.

Yes, you're almost up to the stop sign then it appears in the HUD. The speed limit signs don't show up or change until you pass them. Mine did get confused when two signs side by side said 35 MPH and the other said END 45 MPH. It does a pretty good job ignoring the recommended speed or school zone speed limit signs.

Yes, you're almost up to the stop sign then it appears in the HUD. The speed limit signs don't show up or change until you pass them. Mine did get confused when two signs side by side said 35 MPH and the other said END 45 MPH. It does a pretty good job ignoring the recommended speed or school zone speed limit signs.

Mazda does say The types of signs that could be displayed to warn you include speed limit signs, do not enter signs and stop signs.

They don't "guarantee" it.

Nice! Eternal Blue is also the color I selected. My 2015 Blue Reflex was a much more greyish blue than Eternal. Except for some LED upgrades for the interior and rear license plate lights, I haven't done a thing to mine.

Took delivery with 231 miles, now have 630 miles on it.

How's it performing? Up to your expectations?

How's it performing? Up to your expectations?

Mazda introduced some additional 'softness' in ride. I don't really notice any degradation in driveability compared to my '15 GT. NVH is markedly improved though...

I heard the transmission and throttle software were tweaked for additional responsiveness. I love this 6 speed tranny - it just feels right all the time. I've tried shifting through it manually but it does such a better job when left to its own recourse.

Climate control is the only disappointment. The controls are way down low and I keep hitting OFF to turn off the A/C which turns the whole system off, including fan. I'd prefer an indicator light on the A/C switch. Instead there is an icon on the LCD display which is not quite obvious.

MRCC with Stop 'n Go is a definite plus. I haven't used it enough but when it stops you briefly, it resumes when the car in front of you pulls ahead. When stopped for longer periods it seems to wait until a very substantial gap has opened up. Rather than infuriate the people stopped behind me, I've pressed down on the accelerator pedal to get going again.

Don't know if was a unique glitch, but the other day my voice command button on the steering wheel failed to respond. Bluetooth connection is still agonizingly slow with your contact list downloaded each time the car is started.

I have the walkaway locking feature enabled. OK for errands at shopping centers but annoying when parked in the garage. You have to unlock the car each time you open the door.

Last edited:
Mazda introduced some additional 'softness' in ride. I don't really notice any degradation in driveability compared to my '15 GT. NVH is markedly improved though...

That is good to hear on both fronts.

I heard the transmission and throttle software were tweaked for addition response. I love this 6 speed tranny - it just feels right all the time. I've tried shifting through it manually but it does such a better job when left to its own recourse.

I assume you have noticed the immediacy when applying various pressures to the throttle.

Climate control is the only disappointment. The controls are way down low and I keep hitting OFF to turn off the A/C which turns the whole system off, including fan. I'd prefer an indicator light on the A/C switch. Instead there is an icon on the LCD display which is not quite obvious.

Looking at the photos, it seems to be in a similar position to where the controls are in my 6. You'll get used to it eventually.

MRCC with Stop 'n Go is a definite plus. I haven't used it enough but when it stops you briefly, it resumes when the car in front of you pulls ahead. When stopped for longer periods it seems to wait until a very substantial gap has opened up. Rather than infuriate the people stopped behind me, I've pressed down on the accelerator pedal to get going again.

I've seen it being used in a youtuble clip. The car infront was on it's way for about 2-3 seconds before MRCC kicked in.

Don't know if was a unique glitch, but the other day my voice command button on the steering wheel failed to respond. Bluetooth connection is still agonizingly slow with your contact list downloaded each time the car is started.

Sometimes you may need to press the button twice for voice command to kick in. With regards to the contact list download, obviously the more contacts you have on your smartphone, the longer it takes to transfer.

I have the walkaway locking feature enabled. OK for errands at shopping centers but annoying when parked in the garage. You have to unlock the car each time you open the door.

Have you tried to adjust the time delay in MZD settings?

I've seen it being used in a youtuble clip. The car infront was on it's way for about 2-3 seconds before MRCC kicked in.

That's far too long for the patience of most American drivers - especially during rush hour to/from work. I'd have horns blaring at me to get going, NOW!!!

That's far too long for the patience of most American drivers - especially during rush hour to/from work. I'd have horns blaring at me to get going, NOW!!!
Haha. At least pressing the accelerator pedal won't cancel mrcc so you can continue use it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mazda does say The types of signs that could be displayed to warn you include speed limit signs, “do not enter” signs and stop signs.

They don't "guarantee" it.

I believe they're there only to assist us in street signs. It does not mean we should be dependent on the car to tell us of the presence of the street signs.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

I believe they're there only to assist us in street signs. It does not mean we should be dependent on the car to tell us of the presence of the street signs.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Correct and they key word is assist

I'm not a fan of the relocated climate controls either. Mazda seems to have copied that look from the CX-9. I can understand why they mounted the climate controls so low in the CX-9 because they were going for a low slung dash for a more car-like driving position. The dash centerline is pretty low. Not so in the CX-5, which has a higher dash centerline and wasted space above and below the vents. The climate controls in the 2017 CX-5 are mounted even lower relative to the driving position than in the CX-9. And they had to shrink the storage area below the climate controls in order to move them lower.

I'm not a fan of the relocated climate controls either. Mazda seems to have copied that look from the CX-9. I can understand why they mounted the climate controls so low in the CX-9 because they were going for a low slung dash for a more car-like driving position. The dash centerline is pretty low. Not so in the CX-5, which has a higher dash centerline and wasted space above and below the vents. The climate controls in the 2017 CX-5 are mounted even lower relative to the driving position than in the CX-9. And they had to shrink the storage area below the climate controls in order to move them lower.

Hmm... might have a look at this when I go for a test drive.....

Brought her home yesterday. The pics were taken on a cloudy day and in the shade.
View attachment 216748View attachment 216749View attachment 216750View attachment 216751

Great color, did you ask for those pinstripes? Or were they on already from dealer, take a good look at the where the pinstripes ends are, I remember a fellow member posting close ups of the pinstripes at the dealer show room and the installers cut, yes "cut" the clear coat deep, not kidding, they used the car itself as a cutting board, amateurs, not saying yours is the same way but just take a closer look and see of the clear coat is ok.

EDIT: found the link, see pictures, dealers are a bunch of monkeys, used the car as a cutting board to cut the ends....
now there's a nice little opening for rust to start

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123848267-Dealer-pinstriping-CX-9-hack-job&highlight=pinstripe

Last edited:
yep, that's from our CX-9 forum, posted awhile ago, isn't that crazy, cutting right into the clearcoat to cut the pinstripe.....

not sure if they do that the the CX-5's but seemed like that's the way they did for CX-9's for a number of years.....

Great color, did you ask for those pinstripes? Or were they on already from dealer, take a good look at the where the pinstripes ends are, I remember a fellow member posting close ups of the pinstripes at the dealer show room and the installers cut, yes "cut" the clear coat deep, not kidding, they used the car itself as a cutting board, amateurs, not saying yours is the same way but just take a closer look and see of the clear coat is ok.

EDIT: found the link, see pictures, dealers are a bunch of monkeys, used the car as a cutting board to cut the ends....
now there's a nice little opening for rust to start

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123848267-Dealer-pinstriping-CX-9-hack-job&highlight=pinstripe

The pin stripes were put on by the dealer where the car was originally delivered. They also tinted the windows. Since I had the car reserved at another dealership, I wasn't charged for either (or so I was told). I also saw the post in the CX-9 forum about pin stripes and immediately checked mine. They appear to be fine. I took some close up pics and to me, there appears to be no collateral damage from the application. Thanks for the concern though!
WP_20170529_18_59_06_Pro (1).jpgWP_20170529_19_03_01_Pro (1).jpgWP_20170529_18_57_51_Pro.jpg

The pin stripes were put on by the dealer where the car was originally delivered. They also tinted the windows. Since I had the car reserved at another dealership, I wasn't charged for either (or so I was told). I also saw the post in the CX-9 forum about pin stripes and immediately checked mine. They appear to be fine. I took some close up pics and to me, there appears to be no collateral damage from the application. Thanks for the concern though!
View attachment 216757View attachment 216758View attachment 216759

Any reason why you got pin stripes?

Sorry I missed his comment about the dealer installing it.

Same here. Prefer how it came out from the factory

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Back