2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

I'm not going to bother with picts of my red baby. I've yet to take any picture that conveys just how damn red that car is in direct sun. One review mentioned its red magma. they pretty much nailed it. with that description

Those are the door lock controls. Unfortunately there are no auto-folding mirrors.

Funny, when I first heard about the power folding mirrors, I thought it sounded frivolous and silly. But once I came to expect them, I was disappointed to learn we won't be getting them. If I'd never heard about them, it wouldn't even occur to me that they are a thing.

I'm not going to bother with picts of my red baby. I've yet to take any picture that conveys just how damn red that car is in direct sun. One review mentioned its red magma. they pretty much nailed it. with that description

fd7bdd6efd445165ede254c9a3cc6c59_liquid-hot-magma-liquid-hot-magma-meme_335-270.jpeg

Funny, when I first heard about the power folding mirrors, I thought it sounded frivolous and silly. But once I came to expect them, I was disappointed to learn we won't be getting them. If I'd never heard about them, it wouldn't even occur to me that they are a thing.

Wonder if that's something that could be 'hacked'. Not sure what you'd tie it in to though...

Hey do these light assemblies have "cornering lights?" What is that lower array to the left (as you look at the pic) of the projector?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Hey do these light assemblies have "cornering lights?" What is that lower array to the left (as you look at the pic) of the projector?
If "cornering lights" mean the light turned on shining to the side when you turn on the turn signal like some older GM cars, no, they don't. AFS on GT will serve that purpose well. I believe the lower array next to the projector could be reserved for ALH which is not available for US market.

Original Poster Here - So seems like the pictures posts got a little wordy and critiquing design and rendering opinions. So I'm bumping the thread in the hope of getting more pics. How about silver, machine grey, etc. More pics please!

Original Poster Here - So seems like the pictures posts got a little wordy and critiquing design and rendering opinions. So I'm bumping the thread in the hope of getting more pics. How about silver, machine grey, etc. More pics please!

I posted these in my test-drive experience thread, but here is machine grey, eternal blue (or whatever it's called), plus a pic of multiple colors in one photo:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see, it was a somewhat cloudy day, so that affects the appearance of the colors.

Eternal Blue - more vivid than I imagined...striking color.

20170412_204258838_iOS.jpg20170412_204318052_iOS.jpg

Machine Grey - not as bright as I imagined...but with parchment interior, it looks spectacular.

20170412_205202465_iOS.jpg20170412_210318218_iOS.jpg

Unfortunately I picked mine up on a very rainy day... so here's some inside pics! Added a couple of night pics for anyone completely new to the CX-5 like me. Any requests?

Thanks Joe for the pictures! So they've removed the BSM (or ABSM) toggle button, only TCS & LDW on/off buttons now?

BTW, is the liftgate automatically locked whenever the other doors are locked (either manually or automatically upon gear change)? Let's say, if the driver presses the liftgate release button by accident while car is in motion (for whatever reason), is there any protection whatsoever to prevent the liftgate from opening accidentally?

Thanks Joe for the pictures! So they've removed the BSM (or ABSM) toggle button, only TCS & LDW on/off buttons now?

BTW, is the liftgate automatically locked whenever the other doors are locked (either manually or automatically upon gear change)? Let's say, if the driver presses the liftgate release button by accident while car is in motion (for whatever reason), is there any protection whatsoever to prevent the liftgate from opening accidentally?

I don't think the remote works when the car is operational. Same for lift gate. You also have to press the button for a second or two for it to actually work.

Sent from my cell phone

Back