Zoomer not a Boomer
Contributor
:
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT AWD with TECH PKG / i-ActivSense
Hi All,

I've been trying to find figure out why my GPS on my 2016 CX5 GT AWD

can't seem to find local attractions ??? I've updated to the Newest Map, after

having this problem on an earlier Road Trip, it couldn't even find a local

Pier that I was parked in Front Of or have it in it's Attractions Near By ????

I've tried everything and way that I know to get to say Mount Rushmore....................

I even tried to put in the Location by address but it didn't recognize the location and since

You can't put in the exact address since it didn't recognize the Road ???

I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions , this is pretty frustrating. I'd thought the first time was somewhat of

a Fluke, but now this is really frustrating.

Thanks and Take Care,

Craig

Craig, nice to see you here again and you're ready for another long road trip? My GPS has been not functioning for almost a year now and I haven't brought it to my dealer as I don't use it anyway. Could your GPS find major attractions since new? If it couldn't, this is the limitation of our GPS like there's no live traffic. In a couple of times when I was using the GPS before it broke, I seem to remember not seeing too many attractions displayed. You can try hard reset via the NAV/BACK/MUTE buttons to infotainment system but that didn't solve my GPS problem. Also have you done infotainment software upgrade by the dealer or yourself?

Craig, nice to see you here again and you're ready for another long road trip? My GPS has been not functioning for almost a year now and I haven't brought it to my dealer as I don't use it anyway. Could your GPS find major attractions since new? If it couldn't, this is the limitation of our GPS like there's no live traffic. In a couple of times when I was using the GPS before it broke, I seem to remember not seeing too many attractions displayed. You can try hard reset via the NAV/BACK/MUTE buttons to infotainment system but that didn't solve my GPS problem. Also have you done infotainment software upgrade by the dealer or yourself?

Hi Ray,

Hope You and Your Family are doing well !!!

Well I've been kind of lazy since I retired, I think I'm still under 9K on the mileage , it will jump up quite a bit after this
Road Trip ;-)

Wow, hate to hear your's isn't working, but understand taking it to the Dealer, I just never had a good experience at Mine.
and would rather stay away.

The GPS works great if you have a Good Address, but so many attractions and even Hotels have funky addresses that it doesn't seem to recognize.
I've upgraded to the newest Map, I haven't done anything new to the Firmware or anything , kind of figure don't mess with what isn't broke.
I know we can Use our Phones but man it's just a shame to have that nice GPS and not have it work properly. The one when we were sitting in front of the
pier and it didn't even show it or wasn't an attraction or ???? anyway was what disturbed me. So that kind of got me a little paranoid about
being able to find our way if needed. I've gotten a new atlas and maps so I guess we'll be prepared to go "Old School" it's just a shame to have such a Neat Car and
have such a let down on the GPS.

If you think of anything please let me know, Take Care,

Craig

Hey Craig,

I've got a '16 also and use the Nav quite often, so I'll try to help. I'm not sure about your first problem about finding local attractions. Need more details.

As far as your finding your example of Mount Rushmore goes, I tried and found it with mine. One thing you have to do when looking for something like that (when it's out of state} is to switch states when you go into either the Find Address or Points Of Interest functions. That is shown on the second line of the screen. When I'm planning a route from home the Nav always starts out as Indiana for me (i assume Texas for you). I switched the state to SD, when it wanted to know the city, I used Rapid City. I limited the search to the Leisure category and the Parks & Rec. Area sub category. Found it.

I don't know if this will help you or not. I hope so. If it doesn't let me know. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. I'll try to help as much as you need.

Paul

Hey Craig,

I've got a '16 also and use the Nav quite often, so I'll try to help. I'm not sure about your first problem about finding local attractions. Need more details.

As far as your finding your example of Mount Rushmore goes, I tried and found it with mine. One thing you have to do when looking for something like that (when it's out of state} is to switch states when you go into either the Find Address or Points Of Interest functions. That is shown on the second line of the screen. When I'm planning a route from home the Nav always starts out as Indiana for me (i assume Texas for you). I switched the state to SD, when it wanted to know the city, I used Rapid City. I limited the search to the Leisure category and the Parks & Rec. Area sub category. Found it.

I don't know if this will help you or not. I hope so. If it doesn't let me know. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. I'll try to help as much as you need.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much, and that's so cool. I actually did change the state and city but never thought of looking in Leisure <G> although I'm pretty leisurely these days !!!

I'll got check it out and see, I'd just not thought or actually saw that option, just thought it would have jumped up.

Thanks again Take care,

Craig

Back