I wonder if someone could address the ride quality between
1) FWD and AWD with 17" wheels ?
2) FWD and AWD with 19" wheels ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if someone could address the ride quality between
1) FWD and AWD with 17" wheels ?
2) FWD and AWD with 19" wheels ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AFAIK there is no difference between FWD & AWD on the various wheels but there are differences between 17" & 19" such as it has been stated the 17" absorb bumps better than 19" and so on.

2016 road noise a dealbreaker

I REALLY tried to talk myself into a 2016.5 GT. Our local Cadillac/Volvo dealership had one with all the bells and whistles with 15k miles. It got down to $21,500, and I wanted so badly to love it. But having driven a 2017 first, neither my wife nor I could get over the difference in road noise. We ended up paying $4,000 more for a 2017 Touring PEP (CPO/2k miles) for three reasons: 1) reduced road noise 2) power lift gate and 3) rear-seat vents.

Could not be happier.

I REALLY tried to talk myself into a 2016.5 GT. Our local Cadillac/Volvo dealership had one with all the bells and whistles with 15k miles. It got down to $21,500, and I wanted so badly to love it. But having driven a 2017 first, neither my wife nor I could get over the difference in road noise. We ended up paying $4,000 more for a 2017 Touring PEP (CPO/2k miles) for three reasons: 1) reduced road noise 2) power lift gate and 3) rear-seat vents.

Could not be happier.

Congratulations and enjoy :D

With '14 Mazda3, '16 Mazda6 and '17 CX5 in my garage, I can easily tell you that:
My Mazda6 is quieter than the Mazda3, and my new '17 CX5 is another step better than the '6.
It is close to Lexus level.

With '14 Mazda3, '16 Mazda6 and '17 CX5 in my garage, I can easily tell you that:
My Mazda6 is quieter than the Mazda3, and my new '17 CX5 is another step better than the '6.

I can add that the diesel engined version is a step change quieter than the 2016.5 too.

The 16 Mazda6 is perfect to me. Just the right amount of engine noise to keep me engaged. Tires make a difference too. I've got sticky Bridgstone Potenzas and sound more quiet than stock.

The 16 Mazda6 is perfect to me. Just the right amount of engine noise to keep me engaged. Tires make a difference too. I've got sticky Bridgstone Potenzas and sound more quiet than stock.

I've got Bridgestone Turanza's on my 15 Mazda6 and generally road noise is OK but over concrete freeways it does pick up though.

Think the 17 CX-5 should be much quieter across the board even on concrete freeways.

Back