Bought 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD! $1000 off MSRP. Dealers selling for above sticker?

MiataMX5

:
2013 MX5 GT/2017 CX5 Touring AWD
Just drove off a 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD. Really appreciate all the resources provided by this forum. Here are the tidbits for those interested.

The hunt:
The dealer I purchased two new Miata from in 2013 would not budge on MSRP. The sales manager even said "I've been at Mazda for 14 years and can tell you no dealers in Northern CA will discount, in fact many are listing for above MSRP". (screwy)

My local dealer happened to update their site today with the 2017 models, so a quick call got me $500 + another $500 from loyalty. I didn't want to haggle as TrueCar listed $205 off and the invoice is $28003 for MSRP $29235. Though I'm curious to see the discount members here will get.

I opted for the $780 PEP package, which I think is a great deal. Another $2240 more for Grand Touring only gets you 19'' wheels, real leather, auto LED, and lane changing alert.

PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PACKAGE $780 + $300 for Machine Grey
- Auto dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
- Automatic On/Off Headlights
- Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers
- Bose 10-speaker audio system with Centerpoint2 Surround Sound with AudioPilot
- Mazda Navigation System
- Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade
- Power liftgate

Total price:
MSRP $29235 - $1000 + $2665 tax + $322 lic + $80 doc = OTD $31302

Last edited:
Congratulations! Thanks for being a loyal Mazda customer! :D The Grand Touring trim also has all of the i-ACTIVSENSE advanced safety features standard as well. :)

Congratulations! Thanks for being a loyal Mazda customer! :D The Grand Touring trim also has all of the i-ACTIVSENSE[emoji768] advanced safety features standard as well. :)

Yea the gt is basically touring and both packages and a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistic expectations are 3-5% off MSRP. Anyone that tries selling you the car @ MSRP or above is smoking crack.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see some of these on the roads. That is a great deal!

Folks don't forget to ask for loyalty, student, or military discounts. The offer I got was a thousand off MSRP, 2 out of three of these.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Bought 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD! $1000 off MSRP. Dealers selling for above sticker?

Just drove off a 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD.
I opted for the $780 PEP package, which I think is a great deal.
Yep, anybody who wants 2017 CX-5 Touring should get Touring Preferred Equipment Package. $780 is a steal!

Congrats!

Folks don't forget to ask for loyalty, student, or military discounts. The offer I got was a thousand off MSRP, 2 out of three of these.

So basically you got $0 off the price except for the incentives that are always available through Mazda. No thanks.

I posted in the selling price thread too.

First time Mazda buyer. Just took home a 2017 CX-5 GT FWD with Premium Package in Machine Gray for $1000 off MSRP. No discounts or incentives (don't qualify), just straight negotiation.

First, lol. You could've gotten another $1k off easily, but whatevs. Enjoy your new whip...

I mentioned earlier in the thread that my wife wants to sell her CX-5 first, so we had to pass until then.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that my wife wants to sell her CX-5 first, so we had to pass until then.

That has nothing to do with your comment of getting a $1k off for incentives and nothing else. Good luck on getting a great deal when you decide to purchase...

See...

There ya go!

I was prepared to pay MSRP. The dealer knew I wanted it because I'd been hounding them about the arrival date for the past 2 weeks. The only leverage I had was that 2 dealers got the same vehicle in stock at the same time and it was the last day of the month. Sales guy said it was the first non-incentive discount he'd seen his manager give on the 2017. Probably said that to make me feel better, so who knows.

That has nothing to do with your comment of getting a $1k off for incentives and nothing else. Good luck on getting a great deal when you decide to purchase...

Uh ok. Have a great day.

I did get a great deal on this whip

7f17c669154b62096ee02a02fc35330a.jpg

Last edited:
And no damn pictures...Wtf. In case no one has noticed...I really like pictures. Lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back