2017 CX-5 Sport: Music/Infotainment system upgrade

karanbindra84

:
2017 CX-5
Just got my new 2017 CX-5 Sport here in Dubai. Looking to upgrade the basic music/infotainment system to a compatible, 7-inch touchscreen with the below features, without hampering the warranty on Electricals. Can the pro's here please suggest something.

1. a decent quality amp
2. Retaining steering controls for volume, next/previous
3. Retaining the in-built USB/Aux slots
4. Adding Bluetooth connectivity
5. Accessing google maps via the phone
6. Adding/connecting a rear camera (non critical but good to have)

Looking forward.

I have no knowledge one way or another RE the 2017 model and RE retaining USB functionality but in general I would get the best Pioneer unit I could afford along with the best Rockford Fosgate amp I could afford. The 2017 CX-5 have been slow to arrive in the US for whatever reason. I haven't been to my dealer for a couple months so I'm not sure whether they have finally arrived or not. Hopefully someone here has more knowledge than I to help you.

How would you do that, with the screen sticking out from the dash? Not possible.

Told ya I didn't know! :)

No, it is just a bummer as adding the equipment you mentioned would be ideal. Mazda took that option away in '17, I am surprised that there is not more disappointment. I started planning my upgrade six months before I purchased the CX-5.

US 2017 sports already have a touch screen - could be in Dubai the model years are a little different, maybe its like a 2016 in the US.

No, it is just a bummer as adding the equipment you mentioned would be ideal. Mazda took that option away in '17, I am surprised that there is not more disappointment. I started planning my upgrade six months before I purchased the CX-5.
You know what would happen if people put any negative comments here ⋯ ;)

On the other hand, some major aftermarket car audio manufactures such as Pioneer may come up some receiver/amp modules to hook up the factory tablet screen, who knows? We just have to wait and see.

You know what would happen if people put any negative comments here ⋯ ;)

On the other hand, some major aftermarket car audio manufactures such as Pioneer may come up some receiver/amp modules to hook up the factory tablet screen, who knows? We just have to wait and see.

Right, I know.

Most "Audio" sections of an auto enthusiast's forum typically discuss custom systems and upgrades. There will likely be some speaker and amp upgrades with the '17, I'm sure.
I predict as time passes, most topics in this section will be:

• When will Mazda release Android Auto or CarPlay?
  • Why are my maps out of date?
  • Speaker recommendations for my Bose system?
  • New firmware on Mazda site to fix lockups!

Changing the head unit to a 2 DIN stereo is totally doable. not sure if I'd want to, seeing as you would have to cut apart the dash to have it fit, but, the 2 DIN spot is still there.

Back