CX-9 Aftermarket Audio upgrades

sk7lab

:
CX9
Hi All,

For those who have done the aftermarket audio upgrades on their 2017 CX-9,

Is the end result MUCH better than the BOSE audio option?

I am getting a stock audio option on my CX-9 and looking to spend the money on aftermaket audio rather than the BOSE Audio option

thank you !

Last edited:
Thought I'd just jump into this thread also. 07 CX9 with Bose and Nav. System bluetooth is dead. What kind of aftermarket units are available without tearing the whole truck apart. Looking for what y'all are replacing in your trucks.

my 2nd Gen came factory with a Fujitsu unit on the Middle East spec GT, comes with navigation and rear camera.

20160821_162145_zpsrpalh5gt.jpg

Steve - if you are interested in upgrading to an Android based unit, then I have outlined the items that you will need in the "upgrading a 2012 headunit" post a few posts before this one (even if you are looking at another headunit, the steps would be quite similar) - considerations that will be different for you 1) the issue with losing a/c after installing a headunit did not start until 2010, 2) you don't mention a factory back-up camera so you may not need one of the adapters that I list

I opted for the Android unit because it will be hard to beat the Google Voice services running on the headunit as opposed to your phone. One downside is that this type of system works best with either 1) something in your car configured as a hotspot (I am setting my phone up to do this), or 2) a sim card in the headunit and let it be the hotspot

I have all of my parts ordered and are shipping to me as I type this so I will update that thread with the particulars ... let me know if you have other questions that I may have stumbled across the answers for

-Broc

I removed the factory sub, added a JL amp and 10" sub using the driver's side cargo pocket for the enclosure. That made a good difference. It's still far from perfect but sounds better.

Back