2017 CX-5 now featured on Mazda USA site

GT Premium with a few accessories easily gets me to $35k.
add in a diesel engine in a few months...
(shocked)

It appears that what yrwei's dealer told him was off the mark. I live in North Texas and plan to avoid that salesperson like he's a bloated corpse.

So the Touring Preferred Package at $780 and the Touring i-ActiveSense Package at $625 is indeed correct. Good value!
I went to my dealer - Town North Mazda again yesterday finding out different Mazda cabin filters used in our CX-5 and took some pictures, the sales manager Alex came and apologized about wrong pricing information on Touring packages. BTW just last weekend these two forum members in Dallas / Fort Worth area took my suggestion and visited Town North Mazda in Richardson and both of them were happy coming out with a new 2017 CX-9 they want! Like I said before, this is a car forum and we should discuss cars. Talk is cheap. While you keep criticizing other people even with personal attacks, please think what kind of contribution you have done to this forum?

What dealer in Dallas? Looking in FW mid cities now. Best offer so far is $35740 +TTL on a 2017 CX9 Touring FWD machine grey with premium package.
I know he's dealing with 3 Mazda dealers and Town North Mazda is one of them. Right now there's additional $500 DFW Auto Show Customer Bonus Cash and $750 Mazda Loyality Reward for purchasing a 2017 CX-9.
We ended up going with Town North Mazda in Richardson. We worked with Will and Alex. They were both very nice, quick to respond and offered us a great deal (we think). I would definitely recommend them!

10ib6ep.jpg
yrwei52/NovCruisin -- Thanks for your help! Just purchased a 2017 CX-9 from Will. Great experience. They were very easy to work with and they gave us the best price without the hassle. All done via email. Looking forward to driving my new Mazda! Deal specs below if anyone is interested.

2017 CX-9 FWD Touring - Premium Package
Machine Gray / Black interior
Sales Price: 34,990 + TTL = $37,591 OTD

MSRP was $38,995
Awesome! So glad to hear you went with them. They really were very easy to work with. They are unexpectedly getting a lot of traffic through Mazdas247 😀

I have to say I'm very disappointed in that the only pictures of the Touring interior are in the "build" area, and basically all you can see is the headrest. They need more pictures of the new seats, but perhaps it's just the web browser I'm using that's cutting off the image.

The GT Premium package seems a bit pricey to me for what you get. I agree the Touring with Preferred package sounds like the sweet spot in the lineup.

Still annoyed you need to go GT just to get heated side mirrors.
I agree.
And I don't get why this is... my 2013 VW Golf base model with nothing special has heated side mirrors as a standard feature. I would think they would have that as an option at least for all models.

Gonna agree with kaps on the nav being virtually but completely useless without live traffic. Google maps on my dash mounted s7 runs every day on my commute. If my mazdas became inoperable in the past year i probably wouldn't have noticed..and i think it has traffic- it just well, kinda sucks. Better than nothing, nice to have if you don't have an android i guess..oops!

Yrwei: I encourage you and others to look at claims made on this site with a critical eye and to avoid taking the other extreme view: that all Mazda does is aimed at screwing you and everyone else. I can admit my mistakes too. Relax, man!!
I went to my dealer - Town North Mazda again yesterday finding out different Mazda cabin filters used in our CX-5 and took some pictures, the sales manager Alex came and apologized about wrong pricing information on Touring packages. BTW just last weekend these two forum members in Dallas / Fort Worth area took my suggestion and visited Town North Mazda in Richardson and both of them were happy coming out with a new 2017 CX-9 they want! Like I said before, this is a car forum and we should discuss cars. Talk is cheap. While you keep criticizing other people even with personal attacks, please think what kind of contribution you have done to this forum?

Last edited:
Gonna agree with kaps on the nav being virtually but completely useless without live traffic. Google maps on my dash mounted s7 runs every day on my commute. If my mazdas became inoperable in the past year i probably wouldn't have noticed..and i think it has traffic- it just well, kinda sucks. Better than nothing, nice to have if you don't have an android i guess..oops!

The built-in Nav in the Mazda's are useless if you own a smart phone which 99% of the population does. Google Maps FTW.

Well, going by the point, Mango, aren't all in car Navs useless? Like that Honda one you paid an extra grand for?

Hmmmm... Heated steering wheel AND rear seats. I may have to reconsider the '17 CX-5 when my '15 GT goes back in at the end of the lease late May. I had pretty much resigned myself to the CR-V.

I just like having a Nav system to get an idea of the roads around me and a general feeling of where I am going. I always use my phone for Nav instead of the actual unit.

Hmmmm... Heated steering wheel AND rear seats. I may have to reconsider the '17 CX-5 when my '15 GT goes back in at the end of the lease late May. I had pretty much resigned myself to the CR-V.

Game on. Its the right thing pipemajor. Do it get the CX-5

Well, going by the point, Mango, aren't all in car Navs useless? Like that Honda one you paid an extra grand for?

Nope, because not everyone has a smartphone(although the vast majority do), and the Honda navigation comes with live traffic. And Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

I wouldn't pay 10 cents for in car Navi, honestly. Because I have a phone. The fact that mine was standard on my GT package was just a bonus. I honestly don't give AF about live traffic either. But I can use Waze for that if I wanted to. Where do you live?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm a little tired of this, too. "So will most folks". No, dude, most folks are HAPPY.
Someone has to say it: THE NAV IS GOOD! WTH? Why is it bad? Because it doesn't have LIVE traffic which is exactly only one of 2 reasons I have heard the Nav is bad. The other being that it is hard to search for stuff that is between you and your destination. Like: Starbucks. You can search near you and near your destination but not really in between. Really? This makes it SUCK?
Personally I don't know why cars even come with navi anymore. I've wondered this for years now that we have phones. And no... I don't need a 7 inch screen in my dash, navi or AA, to show me where I am going. Having said that: I find the in car Navi, quite frankly EXCELLENT. I do NOT get the "hate" for this.
It shows you the speed limit on the road you are on. LOVE. Cannot believe Google doesn't. It shows you what it coming up at every freeway exit. LOVE and frankly took a lot of stress out of a recent trip in the sticks where we desperately needed gas and didnt have to screw around looking for "GAS THIS EXIT" signs as it was RIGHT THERE.

How is it "useless" Kaps? I cannot believe "useless" is how you choose to describe it.

Agree. People tend to use extreme emotions very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier post was supposed to say virtually but NOT completely useless but whatever my pre-refresh CX-5s has traffic- the BMWs even with a pretty sweet screen and all also has traffic which I was using at first along with my phone- the phone is just better google maps is anyway, and easier- no time wasted once in the car because you already did that most likely. Onboard nav is like a backup imo- better than nothing but really no good reason to pay up for it anymore. Onboard screen displays tunes, phone displays google maps, everyday.

Yes it is poor but using my 5" smart phone isn't as easy to see as the 7" screen. I would love google maps myself and android auto, which my next car will have.

The built-in Nav in the Mazda's are useless if you own a smart phone which 99% of the population does. Google Maps FTW.

Yes it is poor but using my 5" smart phone isn't as easy to see as the 7" screen. I would love google maps myself and android auto, which my next car will have.

Not sure why there's such a collective boner for Google maps for navi. Waze does the job much better.

Latest posts

Back