Mazda CX-5 MPS in the pipeline?

The body sizes are different... which is a big deal for many people who live in places where roads are considerably narrower than the US.

Agreed, a smaller 7 seater for non USA markets would be good, but this looks to be coming to the USA. I don't get why Mazda needs another 7 seater in the USA?

Agreed, a smaller 7 seater for non USA markets would be good, but this looks to be coming to the USA. I don't get why Mazda needs another 7 seater in the USA?

To also compete with the CRV, Rogue and the likes?

So I was browsing on YouTube and stumbled along this video of a 2016 CX-5 diesel (175 hp) on the Autobahn. I have to say, it doesn't look slow at all. It looks pretty quick passing all those other cars. We might not need a Mazdaspeed CX-5 if the diesel version is as quick as it looks on this video. Btw, that channel also has a video of a 2017 Mazda6 diesel and that was even more impressive...

2016 Mazda CX-5 (175 HP) POV- Cruising on Autobahn
Hmm...Guess I hold my steering wheel wrong is what I got out of this video [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To also compete with the CRV, Rogue and the likes?

Yes, the Rogue has the back row for kids and I know people buy them for that. But for the US market, I can't see how Mazda will make this work.

Seems kind of unnecessary for the US market? I mean the 3rd row seats in say a Rogue is kind of "meh" and not particularly functional?

So I was browsing on YouTube and stumbled along this video of a 2016 CX-5 diesel (175 hp) on the Autobahn. I have to say, it doesn't look slow at all. It looks pretty quick passing all those other cars. We might not need a Mazdaspeed CX-5 if the diesel version is as quick as it looks on this video. Btw, that channel also has a video of a 2017 Mazda6 diesel and that was even more impressive...

2016 Mazda CX-5 (175 HP) POV- Cruising on Autobahn

Autobahn is really cool if there is no traffic!
feefe667fccad8cdb5476786e440c3b0.jpg

Transform your own into a mps version!

Cheers 101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back