Who has done the Mazda AIO Hack?

Did it yesterday. Worked fine. Took 10mn from start to finish. Download from site, select the tweaks you want to install, put the compiled result on a USB memory stick, plug the stick in one of the 2 USB ports, start the car and let the software install automatically. I used a 128Gb stick. No problem whatsoever.

Last edited:
Yes I used about 5 from the list.

The most worthwhile for me was the date to status bar
I didn't see that listed. How'd you do it?
I'm getting ready to do it. Then I will donate to the guy that made it. So very cool.

I'm going to do:
  • Touchscreen while moving (even though I don't need to do this I want to be able to if I so damn well please)
  • Bigger Album Art
  • Remove StatusBar background
  • No more disclaimer
  • and maybe fuel consumption tweak
  • Speedo App

I know a few people have done some of these. Any input?

http://mazdatweaks.com/
Could you upload a pic of the Speedometer? What do you like about it?

I didn't see that listed. How'd you do it?

It's listed there.
34063cc0c7e9adeb57de9a0351ff9bd6.jpg

Could you upload a pic of the Speedometer? What do you like about it?

I don't know if I'd actually use it much but it looks neat. Skip to around 30 seconds if you are impatient. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQDez2uEdw

My install seemed to go fine, but I'm getting a loud beeping noise if I try to go past the end or start of a list, and sometimes even moving around in the middle of the list. I think I'm gonna have to start over and use fewer tweaks.

DONE
Turns out it wasn't the Memory Stick. I am just impatient. I expected it to start like a computer with a boot disk. Radio came on, I was listening to it and sure enough about a minute or 2 and the process started. In the end I decided to just keep it simple and do the 2 things I wanted most: remove disclaimer and touchscreen while driving.
Again, probably won't use the touchscreen while driving very often, but my passenger can now.

Now if you have to go into Mazda for a firmware upgrade, do you have to revert to stock first? Or can it just write over it? I've been eyeing these hacks for probably a year now on Mazda3Rev but just not sure it's worth messing up something I rely so much on. If only the AA beta worked better.

I would assume that any update from Mazda completely writes over the installation on your system and does not do an "upgrade". So I'm pretty confident you would not need to revert it first.
However, since it is so easy to undo, personally, I will revert if there is an update from Mazda.

I would assume that any update from Mazda completely writes over the installation on your system and does not do an "upgrade". So I'm pretty confident you would not need to revert it first.
However, since it is so easy to undo, personally, I will revert if there is an update from Mazda.

Do you undo it by uninstalling everything you installed, or by reinstalling the firmware?

Glad its now sorted.

DONE
Turns out it wasn't the Memory Stick. I am just impatient. I expected it to start like a computer with a boot disk. Radio came on, I was listening to it and sure enough about a minute or 2 and the process started. In the end I decided to just keep it simple and do the 2 things I wanted most: remove disclaimer and touchscreen while driving.
Again, probably won't use the touchscreen while driving very often, but my passenger can now.

Did you download the app yet? Please do that. You can freely play around with that and hurt nothing. Every feature has 2 little check boxes.
INSTALL and UNINSTALL. Check off the things you want to install, and hit compile. However, before I hit compile, I took a picture on my phone of the screen of what I turned on. Which was only 2 things, but I am kind of anal about doing everything by the book and perfect when it comes to hacking anything, phones or cars.
I then saved that picture in my Dropbox in my "CAR" folder. ;) So when I want to revert, just in case I somehow forget what I've installed I have that pic to do the uninstall.

Open program, check uninstall, compile.
Easy Breezy.

I think there is an even easier way to uninstall \ revert but my 'system' seems pretty foolproof. Just like I like it.

Hi has anyone done this to a new Mazda CX-5 KF (May 2017)?

If does say CX-5 KE not KF. My firmware is 59.00.502 4A N and fail safe version listed as 59.00.502
Thanks

If does say CX-5 KE not KF. My firmware is 59.00.502 4A N and fail safe version listed as 59.00.502
Thanks

Mazda locked us out with the .502 firmware. I have currently have .446 NA N with Gracenote disabled and done the Speedo app, rotating background.

Last edited:

Thanks

Mazda locked out autorun from an external source and require a signed cert., per the AIO developers:

background:
The new version of 59.502 firmware was secured. this is good for normal Mazda owners.
We don't want to someone put a usb with music to our car and silently install some troian in our cmu with access to canbus, and software upgrade capabilities to other systems.

the problem [For AIO users]:
a) the *.up files run BUT not execute external files that we use to run scripts from usb
SO usb storage now not have "autorun" option
we can't create *.up files because we not have the private keys of signer certificate
b) SSHd was secured from an earlier version too (root password change, and disable password authorization on sshd)

So security is enhanced greatly in .502, which makes running these mod. apps much harder. They do describe a workaround but it's pretty complex and requires some Linux knowledge.

I wonder if it's possible to downgrade the infotainment software?

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys - just been reading up about this. Shame - I wanted to disable the touch screen lockout (so the passenger could quickly enter addresses) and install a media player to keep the boys entertained while waiting in the car.....

Did it yesterday. Worked fine. Took 10mn from start to finish. Download from site, select the tweaks you want to install, put the compiled result on a USB memory stick, plug the stick in one of the 2 USB ports, start the car and let the software install automatically. I used a 128Gb stick. No problem whatsoever.

im new here.
can i ask if there is step by step. and a vedio that can show what will i get after flash? is it android 7 ???
thanks alot. i bougt now i mazda cx5 2012.
and the media is yaaaak full of bugs.

Any update on getting a working version for the latest update? I know some of you follow the forums where they work on this so I'm just wondering.

Back