Who has done the Mazda AIO Hack?

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
I'm getting ready to do it. Then I will donate to the guy that made it. So very cool.

I'm going to do:
  • Touchscreen while moving (even though I don't need to do this I want to be able to if I so damn well please)
  • Bigger Album Art
  • Remove StatusBar background
  • No more disclaimer
  • and maybe fuel consumption tweak
  • Speedo App

I know a few people have done some of these. Any input?

http://mazdatweaks.com/

I have done a few of the mods over a year ago. I've been pleased. I wasn't aware of the "No more disclaimer" mod. Mine is only the short version. The dealership noticed my modifications and commented when I had it in for service. I've done the following:
* Touchscreen while moving
* Background screen to my own .jpg file
* Short disclaimer screen
* Long date/time stamp

My mods were before the AIO menu selections. I just utilized all the postings listed in mazda3revolution forums. It is an extremely lengthy forum posting regarding modifications. I may revisit the forum or simply use this AIO. If I am able to use it correctly, I too will donate to the cause.

Yes I used about 5 from the list.

The most worthwhile for me was the date to status bar

I'm getting ready to do it. Then I will donate to the guy that made it. So very cool.

I'm going to do:
  • Touchscreen while moving (even though I don't need to do this I want to be able to if I so damn well please)
  • Bigger Album Art
  • Remove StatusBar background
  • No more disclaimer
  • and maybe fuel consumption tweak
  • Speedo App

I know a few people have done some of these. Any input?

http://mazdatweaks.com/

If I still had my Mazda3 I wouldn't. If Mazda is going to be updating the system to support Android Auto, I'd give a 70% chance as we have heard this from multiple reps at Mazda, but nothing official, it means an infotainment upgrade sometime in 2017. Those updates would probably break Mazda Connect when you try and upgrade.

The only hack that I did on mine was the disable movement tracking to keep the touchscreen working, and replaced the background image with my own. Both of those hacks are pretty straight forward and in theory shouldn't break any upgrade Mazda rolls out. One is a conf file you edit, the other is literally just replacing the .jpg.

Personally. I'd wait until mid year. If Mazda hasn't announced anything as of yet. Screw it. Hack away. YMMV on that opinion. :)

I am only planning to do the tried and true ones that do not break anything and are easily installed. The only really risky one is Android Auto.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You can uninstall the mods.

I suggest every one reads the information carefully, to ensure that your software version is supported.
And only use a small capacity USB stick say 2gb.

I avoided the AA as it has issues IMO.

If I still had my Mazda3 I wouldn't. If Mazda is going to be updating the system to support Android Auto, I'd give a 70% chance as we have heard this from multiple reps at Mazda, but nothing official, it means an infotainment upgrade sometime in 2017. Those updates would probably break Mazda Connect when you try and upgrade.

The only hack that I did on mine was the disable movement tracking to keep the touchscreen working, and replaced the background image with my own. Both of those hacks are pretty straight forward and in theory shouldn't break any upgrade Mazda rolls out. One is a conf file you edit, the other is literally just replacing the .jpg.

Personally. I'd wait until mid year. If Mazda hasn't announced anything as of yet. Screw it. Hack away. YMMV on that opinion. :)

The new AIO package that this dude created actually checks the version for you and aborts if it's not compatible. I'll be doing it this weekend.

And if you didn't pay for $300 Navigation SD card, I'd highly recommend the Enhanced Compass to utilize the built-in GPS module (and with simple USB install script). It doesn't provide navigation (there's a fork that does with internet connection), but it's usually more than enough to figure my way out, I've used it quite a lot. I've also modified the app's CSS to display the map fullscreen instead of having the compass on the left side.

https://github.com/flyandi/mazda-enhanced-compass
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...hanced-compass-application-mazda-connect.html

The new AIO package that this dude created actually checks the version for you and aborts if it's not compatible. I'll be doing it this weekend.

I will be checking in to see how it goes. My main concern is what does it mean going forward when new Mazda firmware comes out. Can mazda upgrade firmware still and no issues occur? Also, is it easy to revert back to stock.

Yes, very easy to revert. If this was at all risky I wouldn't be doing it to my 4 month old car.

Exactly my thoughts at the time, I sent a PM to a forum member in the UK who had already done the tweaks, with the same software version as mine.

I installed exactly the same tweaks, only problem I had was trying to use too large a USB stick, so it wouldn't work!

Yes, very easy to revert. If this was at all risky I wouldn't be doing it to my 4 month old car.

Well my first attempt was a total bust. Lol. Nothing happened.
Used an SD Card + Reader. May not have been formatted Fat32. What size stick did you use, Xtrail?

2 or 4gb I can't remember to be honest, one that failed was 8 or 64gb. just use the smallest you can. Something should show on the cars screen pretty quickly. Stick was empty except for the download.

Note I didn't think you could install through other than the usb port?

Used an SD Card + Reader. May not have been formatted Fat32. What size stick did you use, Xtrail?

Last edited:

You used a SD card reader? As in a USB connected SD card reader plugged into one of the car's USB ports? I'm not surprised that it didn't work if so. And yes, it must be 32 gb or smaller and FAT32 formatted.

Yes, reader with stick. Dude that wrote the program says it should work just fine. But it may be NTFS.

Going to wait til Monday. Only stick I have at home is 64gb.

Back