No CD Player Available in new 2017 Mazda CX-5

No CD Player in vehicle - Does this make a difference to you?

• Total voters
I doubt an equivalent LHD version exists...
It does:
All black without the sports mode too.
bc3fa769ff5d11a0cd970a2796e49fb6.jpg

You posted a picture of LHD interior from a 2nd-gen CX-5 before with CD player、dial-control open/close center dash vents、4 illuminated one-touch open/close power window switches ⋯ :)

It does:

You posted a picture of LHD interior from a 2nd-gen CX-5 before with CD player、dial-control open/close center dash vents、4 illuminated one-touch open/close power window switches ⋯ :)

Yes but I should have clarified .. doubt there a conversion system for LHDs that don't have a cd player

OK, I pulled up the two screens for the parts and keep in mind they are subject to local tax and need converting to USD, I reckon you are in the $2500 ball park and that doesn’t cont any screws and nuts etc..

fullsizeoutput_171b.jpg

fullsizeoutput_171c.jpg
Very appreciated for the info. I believe 704.94 "Connectivity Unit" KB8M-66-9C0A is there and isn't needed for adding a CD player. 179.63 for a "Compact Disc Player" KB9G-66-9G0 is pretty high considering we can get an internal CD drive for less than $20 for a PC. Hard to tell but we need the upper dash 192.20 "Switch Panel" K123-55-310 02 with CD player cutoff, and we may not need the lower dash 791.90 "Decoration Panel" KB9H-55-150 03. Nevertheless it's expensive to add a factory CD player as shown! :(

I am not happy with the sound of MP3 vs CD.... I guess I am going to have to try re-ripping to a non compressed format.
I think it's about bitrate. Try the 320. It's I think the highest that is kinda near red book quality. Any differences would probably not be noticeable due to engine, road and exterior noise.

Very appreciated for the info. I believe 704.94 "Connectivity Unit" KB8M-66-9C0A is there and isn't needed for adding a CD player. 179.63 for a "Compact Disc Player" KB9G-66-9G0 is pretty high considering we can get an internal CD drive for less than $20 for a PC. Hard to tell but we need the upper dash 192.20 "Switch Panel" K123-55-310 02 with CD player cutoff, and we may not need the lower dash 791.90 "Decoration Panel" KB9H-55-150 03. Nevertheless it's expensive to add a factory CD player as shown! :(
I think you were right about the lower dash panel - not needed. This is mine. It looks pretty cool at night lit up.

IMG_3872.jpg

I think you were right about the lower dash panel - not needed. This is mine. It looks pretty cool at night lit up.

IMG_3872.jpg

What I would like though is those air vents with the ability to open and close them

what do you mean? there are rotary dials to close them like, right there.

His point is that the center vents don't have those dials in some countries, for instance here in the USA.

And this is one of the things I will complain about with regards to MazdaUSA and it's decisions.

His point is that the center vents don't have those dials in some countries, for instance here in the USA.

And this is one of the things I will complain about with regards to MazdaUSA and it's decisions.

Our Mazda 6 has them yet the CX-5 doesn't

Same, my 6 has them.

Why would mazda get rid of the dial for select countries? So you can’t close the vents? That doesn’t make any sense.

Agreed. But they did.

Wish my CX-5 had the dials. One of my very few complaints since I don't have dual climate controls and sometimes I still want AC/Heat when my girlfriend doesn't and vice versa.

Back