WTB: Protege Nardi steering wheel

the spyder

:
1994 Mazda Rx-7
I'm looking for a specific Nardi steering wheel from a Protege or Miata. Attached is a picture I found on here. It's a 3 spoke wheel with the Nardi logo with red stitching. Airbag/no airbag is fine. Does anyone know what package of car this wheel came off? I've found several threads, but the image links are all broken.

Thank you!

attachment.php

mazdasteeringwheel.jpeg

On second thought MSMs (MazdaSpeed Miatas) didn't have the nardi logo on the spoke. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the one you posted is from an RX-7 Spirit R. Which are crazy-rare.

MSM Wheel:
cache.php

Spirit R:
cache.php

Some Miatas came with a Nardi logo on the spoke, but no red stitching. MSMs came with red stitching, but no logo.

If it came from an RX-7, it will need work (drilling, wiring) to fit on a Protege. A Miata one will swap over more easily. Just gotta rewire the airbag.

Some OTHER Miatas came with the Nardi logo on the airbag and no "flying M". Here's a pic of my car with one of those:
NardiFD.JPG

...so maybe something like a red stitched MSM wheel with the Nardi airbag would be a good combo for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I found similar information in my searches, but am not familiar enough with the Protege chassis. I was able to find a MSM wheel on eBay and a 03' Protege wheel just up in Seattle. I'll try to pick it up and will use it for now.

Odd question- have you ever seen a blue stitched wheel? I found one, but I'm not sure what it's off. It has the flying M and Nardi badge like the spirit R.

The only Protege to have a Nardi wheel is the 01 MP3 and it had silver leather on the sides. I have the MSM wheel in my MSP with the red stitching. The normal Protege (non-MSP or P5) has a rubber/plastic wheel, so if you get a Protege wheel at least get a P5 wheel (which has a cheaper vinyl but is better than the plastic bs).

I have a 01 MP3 wheel for sale

The only Protege to have a Nardi wheel is the 01 MP3 and it had silver leather on the sides. I have the MSM wheel in my MSP with the red stitching. The normal Protege (non-MSP or P5) has a rubber/plastic wheel, so if you get a Protege wheel at least get a P5 wheel (which has a cheaper vinyl but is better than the plastic bs).

Back