High pitch Noise above 80

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
I have a hard to troubleshoot observation...I've noticed that when going above 80, there is a high pitch noise. It appears to come from the front of the car and It's appears to be more noticeable when I press the gas pedal.
For reference, I'm 31 years old. The reason why age is important is because humans lose the ability to hear high frequency noises as we age. Hence why mosquito ringtones (high pitch ringtones) were popular back in the days on cellphones because kids in school could hear them while their teachers couldn't. Anyway...Just curious if you have noticed or heard this noise (or if your kids have - hopefully you're not driving > 80 with your kids in the car..but if you are...)
I tried muting the radio, turning bluetooth off and I could still hear it. I first noticed last week on a road trip, but I noticed it again this morning on my way to work.

Not the AWD transfer case?

No, it's a GT FWD. I have some audio that I recorded with my cellphone, but it's very difficult to hear. I haven't had the time to try and clean up the "noise" a little bit and just isolate the high pitch. I'll post it if I'm successful.

BUMP
Since my ears are now tuned to the noise, I can hear it almost 95% of the time when I hit above 80. Some times I realize that I'm going that fast because I hear the noise before I see the speedometer

Its the turbo that is spooled up and the wastegate releasing some of that pressure.
I notice it as well when I am driving over 120km/h...then when you add more throttle, the noise gets slightly louder....

The nice sound of a Turbo

Its the turbo that is spooled up and the wastegate releasing some of that pressure.
I notice it as well when I am driving over 120km/h...then when you add more throttle, the noise gets slightly louder....

The nice sound of a Turbo

Yes! the noise increases with the throttle. Thanks for the insight!

Back