Exhaust Issues

AntLaw

:
2003 MP5
So i was driving today and out of nowhere my MP5 started sounding like a racing bike, it gets louder when i press the gas but is still louder than it usually is while idling. I recently replaced my alt, front drivers side knuckle. I was hoping someone on here may have some information on what I should do next or how to diagnos it as I am new to diy mechanics.

So i was driving today and out of nowhere my MP5 started sounding like a racing bike, it gets louder when i press the gas but is still louder than it usually is while idling. I recently replaced my alt, front drivers side knuckle. I was hoping someone on here may have some information on what I should do next or how to diagnos it as I am new to diy mechanics.
Get under there and look/listen for leaks. Black soot around anywhere but the tailpipe is a telltale sign of a leak. So feel around on the whole pipe, if your hand gets black you've found your leak. And if it's that loud it'll probably be pretty obvious where the problem lies. The whole system could have completely rusted off.

Get under there and look/listen for leaks. Black soot around anywhere but the tailpipe is a telltale sign of a leak. So feel around on the whole pipe, if your hand gets black you've found your leak. And if it's that loud it'll probably be pretty obvious where the problem lies. The whole system could have completely rusted off.

Having to tell people to work on their car, classic.

Back