What trim do you have?

• Sport

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Touring

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Grand Touring

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
I have what, in the UK, we refer to as Sport but, in the states, it's a Grand Touring.

I was just going to say this! LOL

On the other side of the pond, The SPORT is the TOP... UK SPORT = US Grand Touring

Makes it very confusing....

I was just going to say this! LOL

On the other side of the pond, The SPORT is the TOP... UK SPORT = US Grand Touring

Makes it very confusing....

I don't have the navigation though, otherwise I'd have a... wait for it... Sport Nav :D

2016 GT AWD with Tech Package.. Went to dealer to pick up a CX-3, left with a CX-5. Go figure. No regrets though. Still loving my CX-5

Exactly, don't fault us when we point out that Grand Touring means as much as Proactive does to you... plus, their are still pretty big differences between the trims in different countries and the actual cars.... sunroofs aren't included in the japanese trims....

Come on Matty, no one is "faulting you". I didn't mean to slight anyone. I'm not anti-Asia or Europe.

The article that I read that this prompted me to start this poll is based said "The GT makes up for 50% of all CX-5 sales". The article I read was referring to the US Market and the US Specs. I live in the US. OK, maybe I should have said "US ONLY POLL". But no, I certainly don't want to exclude anyone. Don't take it personally. I wouldn't even know how to BEGIN to do a worldwide one.

2016 GT AWD with Tech Package.. Went to dealer to pick up a CX-3, left with a CX-5. Go figure. No regrets though. Still loving my CX-5

No ragrets yo!

No-Ragrets.jpg

Honestly, since they have dropped the 2.0L eng / Manual trans, Mazda could do away with the "SPORT" model here in the US, and just go with a Touring, Grand Touring, Signature Edition.

Last edited:
Is there an Akera badge on the car? If there is and any of you Aussies debadge... I want it! HA! That would rock.

I have a Touring - really happy with my choice. Best value 4 money. (drive2)

Since I got to a computer and not Tapatalk, voted Touring!

I'm in a better financial spot then when I bought my Touring, but I still wouldn't want the GT. I hate leather seats in cars, so a Touring with packages/options might have been chosen if I was buying today.

As it is, still no regrets getting my no frills Touring (The thrill is driving it :) (drive) )

Last edited:
So far, it looks like the polls do line up with what Mazda was saying; that a lot of consumers are getting the GT trim.

I got the Eplan, too, so that kind of swayed me. The more I spent, the bigger the discount. It was like $1,750 off the Touring and $2,250 off the GT.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We have a 2016.5 GT w/Tech. Initially the wife wanted a Touring as she dislikes leather seats. Once she saw the Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Parchment interior (GT only) she started to change her mind. That color combo along with the 19" wheels sealed the deal.

We have a 2016.5 GT w/Tech. Initially the wife wanted a Touring as she dislikes leather seats. Once she saw the Deep Crystal Blue Mica with Parchment interior (GT only) she started to change her mind. That color combo along with the 19" wheels sealed the deal.

I have Deep Crystal Blue with Parchment in Touring.

I have Deep Crystal Blue with Parchment in Touring.

Hmmmmm, interesting. When we purchased ours, I was under the impression Parchment was only offered in leather and in the GT. The brochure indicates the same as well?

Back