Clock Spring/ steering wheel position sensor

J0k3st3r55

:
2011 mazda 2
Hi New to the forum but not to cars, my wife about 2 years ago got a Mazda 3 used. I have been doing all the work my self as I did on my own 2006 Nissan Sentra 190K. This is going to be a little long but I want to give all the info so the forum does not have 50 Questions hopefully helping to solve the problem faster.

So my wife car 2011 Mazda 3 4 Door about 85K on the car no major problems till now. She was having a knocking sound when she turn the wheel, so when she got new tires for inspection the shop said it was most likely the shaft between steering and the Rack and pin. I told her that is a easy fix and I would do it. So I got the new shaft from a friend at Ford at Employee price side it was the same part ( its not ).

So I took the old one out and try putting in the new one, this is when I found out the turn the one head so I moved the steering wheel to get it on and then realized the wheel was wrong. I tried a few times to get it to line up and it did not so I put the put the wheel straight and put the old one back on after a hour or trying to pack new grease in any place I could. So I turned the car on and everything was working fine sound gone and all.

NOW the Power steering light is on and the Traction Control light is on along with I just found out the Horn does not work. The car drives fine and no problems with steering or anything. I tried to reset the computer with battery removal. I do have a OBD for my computer but I have not gotten around to checking with that.

Update replaced the clock spring but still have the steering light blinking, some one put it to a snap on computer only reads 0 ANY HELP PLEASE.

Back