Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Yeah, that's why I haven't gone down that route LOL!

Now you got me thinking about firing up one of the old boxes (or the ancient Mac mini) and re-installing MisterHouse (a perl-based home automation system that talks well with all sorts of stuff including cheapy X10 modules). Or maybe a MUD (major points to anyone here who knows what that is, or played on one... a relic trend of the 90s).

Now you got me thinking about firing up one of the old boxes (or the ancient Mac mini) and re-installing MisterHouse (a perl-based home automation system that talks well with all sorts of stuff including cheapy X10 modules). Or maybe a MUD (major points to anyone here who knows what that is, or played on one... a relic trend of the 90s).

Oh man. I forgot about MUDs. Those were great.

Major points to you :) I ran one for quite awhile, and played on a handful for close to 10 years.

I was just a little tyke in the 90's, but man I do remember playing some MUD games here and there and having so much fun.

And then of course 1999 came around and EverC̶r̶a̶c̶k̶Quest consumed a lot of my time till about '03 or '04.

VM works, but it's like getting dressed while wearing oven mitts.

That might be the best way I've heard of describing a VM. LMAO!!!
I'm old and I never MUD'ed.

Unobtanium, you can be cocky about cars... I'll be the cocky one about PC's. You bought a cheap ass car to save money and now you want to PISS away money on a TI? WASTE OF MONEY BRO. Seriously. An Asus or MSI 1070 will play EVERYTHING out there today. Save you money and get the 1070.
However, I don't care what you do with your money. But bang for buck, the 1070 is the sweet spot right now HANDS DOWN.

I play:
BF1
BF4
Civ6
Gears of War
Unreal Tournament (not even sure what we're calling it... the free Alpha).
FPS guy through and through.

I was just a little tyke in the 90's, but man I do remember playing some MUD games here and there and having so much fun.

And then of course 1999 came around and EverC̶r̶a̶c̶k̶Quest consumed a lot of my time...

I never made the shift over to those multi-player online games with graphics. (See above, about having non-gaming PCs.) Kinda glad I didn't, too... seeing what happened to those who did, LOL.

Ah. I only play FPS games if it is also an RPG anymore.

Still need to pickup Civ6, but figured I'd wait till the inevitable expansions come and it all gets bundled.

Edit: I removed bottom line. I am getting my pricing on graphics cards wrong. lol

Last edited:
Here I am running my Samsung Chromebook Plus lol I do my gaming on my xbox one and ps4.

Actually this chromebook plus thing is pretty sweet. Light, fast, great battery.

Now the question is, who watercools their PC? :D

LOL, not me. How about LED tubes, to look cool? ALIENWARE!

Leeerrooyyyyy Jenkinssss!

Hahaha. FPS games make me queasy. That said, I do enjoy *watching* my husband and 8yo (daughter) on the PS4. We keep pretty current on what's hot with that, including some FPS games.

LOL, not me. How about LED tubes, to look cool? ALIENWARE!

Leeerrooyyyyy Jenkinssss!

Hahaha. FPS games make me queasy. That said, I do enjoy *watching* my husband and 8yo (daughter) on the PS4. We keep pretty current on what's hot with that, including some FPS games.

Naaaa. I've moved away from flashy LEDs and crap in my PC.

Sorry it's a bit blurry:
900x900px-LL-828bcd0d_IMG_20150214_150524_3571.jpeg

Edit: Couldn't quite get a 360 radiator to fit up front, hence the 240 up there.

Oh there's dust in there now. This is a pic from before the dust showed up (rlaugh)

It's not too bad though, but I think I need to play around with my fan orientations.

Naaaa. I've moved away from flashy LEDs and crap in my PC.

Sorry it's a bit blurry:
900x900px-LL-828bcd0d_IMG_20150214_150524_3571.jpeg

Edit: Couldn't quite get a 360 radiator to fit up front, hence the 240 up there.

Where's the other cpu ?

This is the cpu/ram board in my mac - no wires is very tidy.

Cmwc2cT.jpg

Last edited:
Now the question is, who watercools their PC? :D
IMO, you only use water if you're​ over clocking. My case lights up. It was actually one of the cheaper full size ones with front, top, and dual rear fan setup. And the window faces my wall. Lol. So you can't even see it.
Got an LED keyboard though. 😁

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back