Fuel induction service

Mbeatrice

:
MAZDA 3 2013
Hi.. i have 2013 Mazda 3 at 36K mileage. I noticed sometimes my engine is lacking power when i'm trying to accelerate, for example when i'm trying to enter the highway or change lanes. I went for oil change today and told them the problem, they recommended me to have the fuel induction services at $169. Do i really need it ?

There's no way there's an issue with your fuel injectors at that low of a mileage. I'd get a second opinion.

Seems to be a trend though. At 30K miles, my dealer just recommended the same "fuel induction service". My car drives the same as it did the day I pulled off the lot, no issues at all. I almost considered it until I remembered the thread a while back when a Mazda tech responded that this service was BS. So I politely declined. Funny thing is, I have all my services pre-paid throughout the term of y lease, BUT Mazda does not cover this service (which was my first red flag - why would they not cover it if it was required). Anyway, love how dealerships look for any way to take your hard earned cash. <sarcasm>

Throw in a can of Techron concentrate at every oil change. That does help prevent injector clogging, from what I understand.

Back