Replacing 2009 2.5L front subframe/crossmember

lctenor1

:
2009 Mazda 6 2.5 iSport
Hey everyone,

My '09 6 2.5 iSport's front subframe has rusted through on the passenger side at 100k, and on total luck the parts guys at work managed to come across a subframe from a 2007 6 for an awesome price. It's in great condition (just a little touch of work here and there), but does anyone know if the '07 subframe will fit on my '09, as it's from a different generation? Called up the dealer and they're saying it's two different part numbers, although by picture they look extremely similar.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey everyone,

My '09 6 2.5 iSport's front subframe has rusted through on the passenger side at 100k, and on total luck the parts guys at work managed to come across a subframe from a 2007 6 for an awesome price. It's in great condition (just a little touch of work here and there), but does anyone know if the '07 subframe will fit on my '09, as it's from a different generation? Called up the dealer and they're saying it's two different part numbers, although by picture they look extremely similar.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I do not like the chances of these being the same.. especially with diff part numbers...

What are these pictures you are seeing? Is it of the actual item or on the Mazda Dealer parts pictures?

Pictures are from the dealer's part pictures. Can't get a good look at the one I've got to take off obviously :p but I'm thinking it's probably too good to be true to get this lucky and be able to fit it.

ok, the dealer parts pics can be quite generic and not true representative of actual parts.

If I recall correctly even the same model year 2007 Mazda6, and 2007 Mazdaspeed6 had different sub frames...

Tread carefully here, so you don't waste some money...

Back