2016 CX-9 - Squeaky Suspension

snapbox

:
2016 CX-9
Started hearing some noise when accelerating from the passenger side rear of my CX-9. Brought it into the dealer and was told there's a TSB for noisy springs.

Dealer has to order the part but it's all covered under warranty. This popped up around 9,000 miles.

FYI!

If you could ask for TSB number reference, that would be helpful.
Let us know how it goes.

This is going to sound dumb but it happened to me on the way home from buying my CX-9.

I was going over the speed bumps in my neighborhood and squeaking every time.

The exhaust heat shield was scraping up against the fuel tank with travel suspension. I'm not kidding, the heat shield is flimsy so was able to move it with my hand (when it cooled down).

Thanks for posting this. Our '16 CX-9 just started squeaking in the right rear a few days ago, appointment at the Mazda dealer on Friday. Now I'm armed with info which is always a good thing!

UPDATE:

One spring was replaced. Unlike this TSB:

my dealer says their TSB (0200417) says only to replace them "as needed", and not to do both at the same time. Only one was done.

They also found one of my exhaust hangers missing (the one connected to the longer pipe down the center of the car). I'm being charged for that one.

where I can found on the web the TSB 0200417 ?

Thanks for posting this. Our '16 CX-9 just started squeaking in the right rear a few days ago, appointment at the Mazda dealer on Friday. Now I'm armed with info which is always a good thing!

So, cubanomx, what did the dealers say? I live in Mexico too and I'm due for service next week. I have reported the squeaky suspension.

Thanks!

I've had the squeaking (more like springs banging) for over 3 months.. I brought it in for an oil change 3 months ago and the tech could not repeat the noise, so they did nothing.

I just brought it in for failed wipers, and mentioned the noise and right away, they said there is a TSB to resolve it. I should get it back tomorrow, and will post the fix and TSB info

Replaced Rear Springs - TSB MSP49

Didn't fix my noise though - I went back and had the tech stand outside to listen - he said it's the brake caliper re-engaging (it does make the noise when I brake).. after 10K miles, the brake pads gets thinner so it's not as "tight" - it's a known issue with the new CX-9 but Mazda has yet to issue a "fix" or recall. He said he can only make the noise less noticible with some spacers - and not all CX-9 has this issue.

I said I'd have him perform his fix at my next oil change...

I'm hearing the same noise . 2016 CX-9 19k miles. Taking to dealer in the morning. Only had car 1 month.

Just bought my 2016 CX-9 yesterday with 19k. Didnt hear the noise until today. Not sure if its due to colder weather. Also have the wheel discoloration issue. They will call me back this week if approved for rim replacement. Ill have them fix the squeak at that time.

Back