2014 CX-5 GT Backup Camera Failing

tobeychris

:
Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech Package
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has seen any failures with their backup cameras. I was reversing on Wednesday when the screen flashed and suddenly the camera looks fuzzy. It now is completely random whether or not the camera is clear or fuzzy and everything in between.

All of these pictures were taken within a few seconds of eachother.

IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG

Any ideas?

Mine, is pretty hazy. I'm thinkig, that maybe I should replace it, with an aftermarket one, that is 12V powered.

The dealer found water in the camera. Replacement camera from Mazda was $185 + $65 labour (CAD).

New camera works great! Sadly my four year warranty ended three weeks ago.

See! This is why I am on this forum. That 2013-2014 CX-5 TSB would apply to me - VIN 308xxx.

Anyone have the Canadian TSB for this?

TSBs would be done for free, after warranty has aexpired?

In my experience, TSB are just advisories and they won't cover them if the warranty is expired. However, I had mine replaced as part of a special service bulletin which AFAIK is not subject to warranty limitations. All you can do is call and try and get it covered.

Attachments

• Temp.doc
    223 KB · Views: 147
Thanks. I think, that I will just replace it, with something aftermarket, maybe Kenwood or something. I have a Kenwood nav unit installed. I could get rid of, the 6V-12V converter as well.

Since there was a TSB, I would have hoped that the dealer would have called Corp and gotten a free replacement. maybe the dealer got paid twice? I hope not.. I would contact corp any and tell them about the TSB and your water soaked camera. I'll bet you get it changed free but, maybe a labor to install. Ed

Back