Another New CX-5 Owner

I love the color. I liked it so much I had to get a GT because the touring, spec'ed with sunroof and Bose, I was looking at got sold. I'm sure I'm going to love, even dealing with the idiosyncrasies that I'm sure will pop up. Nothing is pure perfection.

Regarding the negative feelings on my post, to each is their own. Others opinions have little effect on me. Hell, I wear kilts every Friday to work. Did learn today that getting in the CX-5 requires a bit more care than the wagon, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be rough on windy days eh?

I think we are going to need a picture of you in your kilt! :D

Drove the Cherokee to work one last time today. It's a fine vehicle but I was again reminded... these CUV's are not all the same. Doing 55 and I punched it to try and make an opening in traffic. Too slow. The Mazda would have made it. The Jeep might have made it in Sport mode, but instead of a simple on off switch like the Mazda, the Jeep has a dial with other options on it. SNOW / SAND & MUD / SPORT. Too easy to not switch into the right mode when you are at speed and really need it. BIG advantage Mazda. One is a drivers car... one is just a car. ;)

So far not bad but the kilt pin and sporran do help keep the front down and there is a lot of fabric in the back pleats for weight.

Brings James Fraser to mind.

Are you wearing your clan's plaid?

My last name is Kelley, not sure if Irish or Scots - we go back to the late 1700's in the States before my dad got a roadblock. Today I am wearing the McDonald tartan which the Kelley's were a sept of.

5f99ba86f068e07a24f4b162028d6fa7.jpg

You win the internet today! LOL Nice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nice pic!

Yes, you win the Internet today. Where would you like it delivered?

This is the dude who test drove not ONE other CUV before he bought his. Sorry, Unobtanium... you lost all credibility to me when you shared that with us when it comes to cars.
You like to be the opinionated one who likes to tell us how you feel every chance you get. I get it.
I try hard to understand other people, turn the other cheek, make friends not enemies... I want to like you. You make it hard. Someone joins a forum, all excited, just got a new car, wants to meet other fans of the brand, wants to find out more about his car.
"Hope you like your perfectly ordinary car"
Who does that? That's not being opinionated...frankly it's kind of being a dick. Can't you wait until the dude's second thread, at least? Or maybe a thread where we compare models?

How does that old saying go??? "If you don't have anything nice to say......"

And amazingly, I ended up buying the same cuv I'd buy had I taken more time. I'm efficient.

You're losing credibility with ME after your little meltdown about the mods here...and then telling me "if you don't have anything nice to say..." I mean...cmon...

My last name is Kelley, not sure if Irish or Scots - we go back to the late 1700's in the States before my dad got a roadblock. Today I am wearing the McDonald tartan which the Kelley's were a sept of.

Hah! Way to represent! Props

And amazingly, I ended up buying the same cuv I'd buy had I taken more time. I'm efficient.

You're losing credibility with ME after your little meltdown about the mods here...and then telling me "if you don't have anything nice to say..." I mean...cmon...

As much as it pains me to say this, I think he got you there 7.

Far away from my work so none of the systems work that way I can kick back and relax.

So you'd like it if none of your systems worked today? I'll see what I can do...

Love it! I've had tremendous success with Ancestry.com - gone back on both sides centuries, including into some Ulster Scots from the 1600s maybe, and also to the first King of Pomerania. Cool stuff.

Good on you for strutting your heritage :)

Oh wow, that pic is awesome mactire!

So it was supposed to snow last night and I thought I'd get a good snow picture in, but alas, only rain in my area.

Saw a really nice soul red GT on the way to work today. I really like those GT wheels. They looked pretty awesome with the soul red. :)

Oh wow, that pic is awesome mactire!

So it was supposed to snow last night and I thought I'd get a good snow picture in, but alas, only rain in my area.

Saw a really nice soul red GT on the way to work today. I really like those GT wheels. They looked pretty awesome with the soul red. :)

I really like the GT wheels as well. I was leaning towards the Touring because the 17 tires are cheaper but I was going to swap the wheels for European Spec Mazda wheels in mistral anthracite especially with the pound being weak now.

6de3c3ff112c078ff3d1037acc700554.jpg

But alas, the higher payment for the GT stopped that plan.

I really like the GT wheels as well. I was leaning towards the Touring because the 17 tires are cheaper but I was going to swap the wheels for European Spec Mazda wheels in mistral anthracite especially with the pound being weak now.

But alas, the higher payment for the GT stopped that plan.

Yep, plus I didn't want the leather seats heh.

You are on here an awful lot for someone who's very 'meh' about his car but that's fine just an observation. Another one is that I completely understand after owning cars with orders of magnitude greater performance that you're pretty 'meh' about the Mazda. Assuming you don't have some other form of driving entertainment at your disposal I'm sure its not always easy to get by on just a good driving toaster so in way whether or not you wanted it like that I sympathize from an enthusiasts' standpoint. Based on that I also understand you didn't feel the need to spend countless hours (as I inevitably always do) mulling/driving/mulling every conceivable option even in a boring segment. Having said that when you grade this vehicle based on how it drives vs. its peers, it simply stands above. If you're willing to go a little more boring - the CR-V is the practical choice in segment. I'd still choose Mazda.

Last edited:
Agree x2. Totally wanted Touring, hate leather seats.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back