Another New CX-5 Owner

LOL. Ok. I thought she crashed into your house!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LOL. Ok. I thought she crashed into your house!

That was the mirror as she was backing out of the garage. Easy and cheap fix thanks to Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And totally unable to understand how some people are crazy happy about how this car meets and exceeds our needs. ;)

This is true. I am honestly boggled by some of you all. Especially those talking about how it "blows by other cars" and things like that. The handling thing? I can totally understand, for a CUV, but in general? It sounds depraved.

This is true. I am honestly boggled by some of you all. Especially those talking about how it "blows by other cars" and things like that. The handling thing? I can totally understand, for a CUV, but in general? It sounds depraved.
Perhaps because it is a CUV. You can't expect it to handle like a sedan. Maybe you expect too much? I've had several CUVs and this CX-5 is the best. I will be having another as things stand.

Perhaps because it is a CUV. You can't expect it to handle like a sedan. Maybe you expect too much? I've had several CUVs and this CX-5 is the best. I will be having another as things stand.

No, it delivers 95% of what i expected , only falling down on mileage. Very poor mileage vs. Sticker advertising. Other than that, it's a ringer. I just don't understand how others can pretend the things they do about it. I mean, I suggested adding 20 to 30 pounds of sound deadening, and this forum erupted in "it will harm handling!!!!" I mean, wtf? People on this forum are nuts, regarding some of their expectations of this thing. If OP is a realist though, I bet they have a very positive ownership experience with their cx5. I have, so far.

No, it delivers 95% of what i expected , only falling down on mileage. Very poor mileage vs. Sticker advertising. Other than that, it's a ringer. I just don't understand how others can pretend the things they do about it. I mean, I suggested adding 20 to 30 pounds of sound deadening, and this forum erupted in "it will harm handling!!!!" I mean, wtf? People on this forum are nuts, regarding some of their expectations of this thing. If OP is a realist though, I bet they have a very positive ownership experience with their cx5. I have, so far.
The new 2017 one has plenty of sound damping... it's Mercedes quiet now. And still handles as well.

The new 2017 one has plenty of sound damping... it's Mercedes quiet now. And still handles as well.

So I was right? It didn't somehow kill handling like everyone here whined it would? Imagine that...

I think Mazda is growing up and better understanding the segment, personally. The 2017 by all accounts looks very palatable vs its comparison. They do need to roll out more efficient motors, though, and maybe add a cog or two to the slushbox.

If OP is a realist though, I bet they have a very positive ownership experience with their cx5. I have, so far.

I like to think I'm a realist. I not expecting perfection. Without going European, it was hard to find a replacement for the wagon. The road noise is not an issue for me, I would say it is about the same as I'm used to. I took a hit of 20 horsepower and gained curb weight, but I wanted an I4 for cheaper and easier maintenance after having to replace the ignition coils and spark plugs on the transverse V6 required me talking it to ship instead of doing it myself.

I did not want a car that would blend in with the sea of other vehicles and did like the styling of Toyota or Honda. CVT does not excite me, that took out Subaru and Nissan. I test drive a Kia and it was just numb to drive.

My top 3 picks for my budget was the CX-5, Ford Transit Connect and a used Ford Flex. The CX-5 was the best balance of what I was looking for.

So is it a perfect vehicle, no, but it is a perfect vehicle for what I want (minus Mazda bringing the wagon back to the States). It puts a smile on my face on curvy roads, I feel connected to the car and the road, it has the space I need for 2 teenagers and a 100 pound Akita Pit mix and being 11 years older than my wagon, it gives me new tech and features that I did not have before.

Last edited:
I blow by most other cars everyday in my CX-5. Acceleration is extremely nice on mine.

I like to think I'm a realist. I not expecting perfection. Without going European, it was hard to find a replacement for the wagon. The road noise is not an issue for me, I would say it is about the same as I'm used to. I took a hit of 20 horsepower and gained curb weight, but I wanted an I4 for cheaper and easier maintenance after having to replace the ignition coils and spark plugs on the transverse V6 required me talking it to ship instead of doing it myself.

I did not want a car that would blend in with the sea of other vehicles and did like the styling of Toyota or Honda. CVT does not excite me, that took out Subaru and Nissan. I test drive a Kia and it was just numb to drive.

My top 3 picks for my budget was the CX-5, Ford Transit Connect and a used Ford Flex. The CX-5 was the best balance of what I was looking for.

So is it a perfect vehicle, no, but it is a perfect vehicle for what I want (minus Mazda bringing the wagon back to the States). It puts a smile on my face on curvy roads, I feel connected to the car and the road, it has the space I need for 2 teenagers and a 100 pound Akita Pit mix and being 11 years older than my wagon, it gives me new tech and features that I did not have before.

I bet you find your choice a great one. I have mine, although I whine about the crappy mileage a bit.

I blow by most other cars everyday in my CX-5. Acceleration is extremely nice on mine.

Oh lord. Yes, I guess there are cars that are actually slower. I've only owned 2 cars that couldn't pull a sub 7 second 0-60 though, and half of my cars were deep into or below the 5 second barrier.

Oh lord. Yes, I guess there are cars that are actually slower.
Let me rephrase.

Of course I'm not going to match HP to some muscle car or big ass truck that thinks they are racing. (I don't race, it's a CUV lol)

But I've never understood the threads I've seen people complaining about passing power. I have never had an issue passing people easily on my CX-5.

This is the dude who test drove not ONE other CUV before he bought his. Sorry, Unobtanium... you lost all credibility to me when you shared that with us when it comes to cars.
You like to be the opinionated one who likes to tell us how you feel every chance you get. I get it.
I try hard to understand other people, turn the other cheek, make friends not enemies... I want to like you. You make it hard. Someone joins a forum, all excited, just got a new car, wants to meet other fans of the brand, wants to find out more about his car.
"Hope you like your perfectly ordinary car"
Who does that? That's not being opinionated...frankly it's kind of being a dick. Can't you wait until the dude's second thread, at least? Or maybe a thread where we compare models?

How does that old saying go??? "If you don't have anything nice to say......"

This is the dude who test drove not ONE other CUV before he bought his. Sorry, Unobtanium... you lost all credibility to me when you shared that with us when it comes to cars.
You like to be the opinionated one who likes to tell us how you feel every chance you get. I get it.
I try hard to understand other people, turn the other cheek, make friends not enemies... I want to like you. You make it hard. Someone joins a forum, all excited, just got a new car, wants to meet other fans of the brand, wants to find out more about his car.
"Hope you like your perfectly ordinary car"
Who does that? That's not being opinionated...frankly it's kind of being a dick. Can't you wait until the dude's second thread, at least? Or maybe a thread where we compare models?

When it comes to the CX-5, Unobtainium reminds me of the eternal pessimist from The Flintstones.

Schleprock.

wowzie_wowzie_woo_woo_by_darcsyde_by_the_darcsyde-da432hz.jpg

Pretty much! A forum like this is for people who actually like and are proud of their cars. Uno is none of that. I don't know how many times he's talked down the CX5. And then gone on to dismiss anyone who is happy and thinks highly of their CX5. Hell, one of his posts yesterday was of him saying his cx5 is a "pos". Hate to continue the talk about it but his negativity really comes up in every thread.

Anyway OP, congrats again on the new car! I recommend getting some LED interior lights for your car. Really sharpens up the interior.

Had my 2016 CX-5 AWD for 1-1/2 years now. Love it to death and amazed how it constantly exceeds advertised MPG. I average 27 MPG commuting to work , 31 + on interstates. Oh congrats on the new car, beautiful color.

I love the color. I liked it so much I had to get a GT because the touring, spec'ed with sunroof and Bose, I was looking at got sold. I'm sure I'm going to love, even dealing with the idiosyncrasies that I'm sure will pop up. Nothing is pure perfection.

Regarding the negative feelings on my post, to each is their own. Others opinions have little effect on me. Hell, I wear kilts every Friday to work. Did learn today that getting in the CX-5 requires a bit more care than the wagon, lol.

Latest posts

Back