Which new 19" tires to buy?

Based on recommendation of several forum members, I recently bought 19" Michellin Premier LTX at Costco. They had a promotion at the time. Total cost including mounting, tax, etc was $877. I've been very satisfied with them so far.

You might want to try the Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension Forum

+1 i am planning to get these tires as well when i need to replace mine. they are the best rated all-season SUV Grand touring tire on tirerack.com by far.

OP: 225/45-19 is way too short (not sure if that was a typo or not) but those would spin too fast and throw things out of whack. I like 245/50-19 for your summer set up and I like the Conti Extreme DWS06 because its rated well and at 27lbs you reduce (rather than gain with most other options) weight vs OE.

Last edited:
225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Among all 225/55R19 tires on the list, I'd like to mention General AltiMAX RT43 tire. Comparing to Michelin Premier LTX, RT43 has the lightest weight at 24.4 lbs (27.34 lbs on LTX)、high maximum inflation pressure at 51 psi(44 psi on LTX)、and one of the lowerst price for the size. The warranty and reviews on RT43 are excellent and has been recommended by members here who purchased it. The other one worth mention is Continental TrueContact which is similar to RT43 in many ways. But the similarity stops here for 225/55R19 only as 225/65R17 tires of these two are entirely different in specs.

Latest posts

Back