Where are 2016/17 CX-9 owners placing their toll tags?

:
2016 CX-9
Went to have my first 5k mile oil change the other day at the dealership, tech there suggests I relocate my EZ pass to another location as it might be interfering with SCBS and sensors by the rear view mirror.

Went to have my first 5k mile oil change the other day at the dealership, tech there suggests I relocate my EZ pass to another location as it might be interfering with SCBS and sensors by the rear view mirror.
As long as it doesn't block front views of these laser、infrared sensors and front-view camera on the windshield, your toll tag placement should be fine.

mine is placed to the right of rearview mirror's shaded area....basically on the passenger side towards the upper center. i have used the adaptive CC and the car has alerted "emergency" with quickly passing cars so i think the radar/lasers are working with it in that location.

I placed my EZ-pass behind the Infotainment screen. It works just fine from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed my EZ-pass behind the Infotainment screen. It works just fine from there.

May I ask specifically where you stuck it? Was this stuck to the windshield behind the infotainment screen? Was it stuck to the back of the infotainment screen itself? Or was it stuck to dash just behind infotainment screen?

We just had to shift ours over more on windshield as first toll didn't read it and I can't stand it now when I'm in the passenger seat.

Having a similar issue....I had it tucked into the right hand side of the rear view but the arrows were point the wrong way so i had to re arrange it....and i had also mounted the adhesives over the black dot area. Let me tell you it's hell getting that sticky stuff off. Tried goo gone but am reluctant to use a razor blade over the black dot area b/c I don't want to cut it.

Given the size of the rear view area on the CX-9s with the full packages there is really no "good spot" to mount it.

I did see a CX5 with an ez pass mounted on the dash, tucked behind the infotainment screen. Not sure the tolls will read it from there...I assume they will...but to do that you have to be willing to stick the adhesives onto the dash, and that will never come off cleanly (and mine is a lease care).

I am considering getting the license plate mount version. There is no ideal place on the wind shield area that is not in the passengers line of site and that is not an eyesore.

Double side taping it to the back of the infotainment screen seems to be working for the most part as cipi1212 recommended. Will need stronger 3M tape as its been falling off recently. I was considering the license plate mount version but have my Bumpshox license plate protector so that's a no go. Do you need to pay extra on get the plate mount version?

I have something similar to bumpshox as well....Not sure whether the license plate mounted ez pass will work with what I have, but it may.

I don't believe it's extra for it. They've gotten a bit easier about given them out. Some states have small ones that width of a credit card that stick on....Wish NY/NJ would figure out how to shrink them

How do you have it mounted? Which side is facing out toward the windshield? And will the adhesive tape come off the back of screen (when you wanted to remove the tape permanently)?

I have it mounted as you would on the windshield. I double-side taped the curved side of the ezpass to the back of the infotainment screen, the velcro side faces the windshield. Let me know if the license plate mounted version works for you. I might consider, since it looks cleaner.

I will let you know.....Going to call the DMV tomorrow and order it. It's definitely cleaner. I have no real worries with somebody trying to steal it as we garage park. Mounting it back of infotainment sounds like a great solution and it's hidden. But mine in a lease car and I'm reluctant to do anything that might cause them to charge me repair fees at the end of the term.

Here is how I mounted, works fine from there ( cannot be seen from inside), I wish it was black.
c10b4a47f91e87a9b7ef59c4dd112914.jpg

I know some people keep stashed away, and only take it out when needed. But I guess it is only practical when you rarely use it. Another option is suction cup mount, if you want to experiment with the location untill you find the sweet spot. Just search for ez pass mount on amazon.

Thx for the photo CIPI

We have stashed it away and pulled it. But that's a pain, especially when solo. Not ideal. Suction cups are an option as well but doesn't solve the unsightliness issue.

Behind the screen is a great spot. I just worry about getting the adhesive residue off.
They should figure out how make these things smaller and thinner....if a chip the size of a stamp can power a computer it can dawn well power a toll tag

So if I were to stick the ez pass just behind the rear view mirror (below the sensors) it will definitely cause an issue with the sensors?

The tech basically mentioned that the toll tag might be interfering with the sensors due to the proximity of it being so close. I told them there was a slight stickiness to the brakes when I release it in stop and go traffic. Ever since I moved it to the back of the display the stickiness is gone.

No problems with my EZ pass right behind my rear view mirror on my windshield. I have noticed, even when I occasionally commute in my '65 mustang, that if the EZ Pass isn't right on your windshield- you run the risk of it not being scanned.

mine is placed to the right of rearview mirror's shaded area....basically on the passenger side towards the upper center. i have used the adaptive CC and the car has alerted "emergency" with quickly passing cars so i think the radar/lasers are working with it in that location.

Has have the sensors been working well with the EZ Pass- to the right of your rearview mirror? Was that the first spot you stuck it or did you have issues when you stuck it right behind the rearview mirror?

Back