no longer getting beep when locking the car using key fob

:
2014 mazda cx5 touring
So I noticed a couple weeks back when I go to lock the car, whenever I used to hit the lock button twice the car horn would beep letting me know
That has stopped all of a sudden. When I go the lock the car now it locks and the lights flash but no beep.

Anyone experience this or know how to get the beep back. Maybe I changed a setting accidentally or something

Thanks in advance

There's a setting in the infotainment for that; maybe something got accidentally tweaked

Make sure all of the doors are actually locked!
When my wife's 02 civic had a bad door lock actuator, the car wouldn't beep when locking.

I don't know if the CX-5 does it, but the civic with the bad lock, would only beep on the second press after you used the key to lock the drivers door.

Check that your hatch is actually closed all the way - along with rear doors. If a door is ajar, this will happen.

Might want to also test:

Your horn by honking it
2014 model, yep about time to change that fob battery.

thanks folks. I will check all of this. Maybe its the battery running low. I have replaced the already. its happening with both key fobs I have

Well its the horn. I checked everything else and when I push the horn nothing.
I have never had the horn stop working on a car. Is this something I can fix at home? My bumper to bumper is up so not paying the dealer to fix it and getting ripped off.

I'd check the fuses first, then the wires, then consider replacing the horn - I can't imagine it would be too much to replace. Or improve: my wife heard the OE horn on my 2016 for the first time the other day and laughed. :)

Well its the horn. I checked everything else and when I push the horn nothing.
I have never had the horn stop working on a car. Is this something I can fix at home? My bumper to bumper is up so not paying the dealer to fix it and getting ripped off.

Any shop can fix it; no need to pay dealer prices. The horn often has a relay somewhere, I've had those fail on other cars.

First thing I would check would be your fuses. That was the fix on previous cars of mine.

It looks like the horn fuse is #53 on the Fuse block in the Engine compartment.

I should just be able to take that fuse from a local parts store to get a replacement right? No need to special order from the dealer or something.

Well there are 2 fuses in the box for the horn. The normal 15 amp and under the lid they provided a spare fuse so I tried it. Still not working.
I do hear a click when I hit the horn every time from the fuse box so I am assuming its the other fuse maybe not working and that one there is no spare. Its black and square so going to need to see what the part store has.

Well there are 2 fuses in the box for the horn. The normal 15 amp and under the lid they provided a spare fuse so I tried it. Still not working.
I do hear a click when I hit the horn every time from the fuse box so I am assuming its the other fuse maybe not working and that one there is no spare. Its black and square so going to need to see what the part store has.

The clicking must be the horn relay and if it's clicking most likely it's working. Did you look at the horn itself? Perhaps the wires came unplugged? Do you have a multimeter?

Back