My CX5 is so sexy!

Oh misunderstood- though you paid ~3k for warranty- you used 3k worth of warranty? Wow ok- what on?

Oh misunderstood- though you paid ~3k for warranty- you used 3k worth of warranty? Wow ok- what on?

A new rear differential (AWD) and labor. Because apparently going down the drive-way when water is flowing across it will flood your diff. I forgot I was in a car and not my Jeep, basically, and figured if the water didn't come up to the door sills, it was safe. You know, live I've done with my Mustang GT, Trans Am, and a P71 interceptor. But no. That was NOT the case, and it ruined the diff. The Mazda dealer begrudgingly covered it, and forever earned my loyalty as far as I can extend it to them and be financially competent.

*I paid $2K for what amounts to a bumper to bumper 6/100 warranty through my CU, and rolled it into the note. I'm glad I did! Noone really knows how these things hold up 80-100K miles, TBH, as the sample size hitting that is still pretty small, so I figured it was smart money. If a rear diff is $26XX including labor, I'm inclined to be happy I did!

Last edited:
See we actually have that in common, difference is I paid oop lol. But 6500, no. 500 for a lkq 2.5L. Even if the car is worthless doesn't matter though. I don't plan to get rid of it. Any mod thatsvmakes more fun to drive is worth it to me because I enjoy cruising/car scene.

Last edited:
A new rear differential (AWD) and labor. Because apparently going down the drive-way when water is flowing across it will flood your diff. I forgot I was in a car and not my Jeep, basically, and figured if the water didn't come up to the door sills, it was safe. You know, live I've done with my Mustang GT, Trans Am, and a P71 interceptor. But no. That was NOT the case, and it ruined the diff. The Mazda dealer begrudgingly covered it, and forever earned my loyalty as far as I can extend it to them and be financially competent.

*I paid $2K for what amounts to a bumper to bumper 6/100 warranty through my CU, and rolled it into the note. I'm glad I did! Noone really knows how these things hold up 80-100K miles, TBH, as the sample size hitting that is still pretty small, so I figured it was smart money. If a rear diff is $26XX including labor, I'm inclined to be happy I did!
That's exactly my sentiment. Extended warranty is money well spent in my book.

See we actually have that in common, difference is I paid oop lol. But 6500, no. 500 for a lkq 2.5L. Even if the car is worthless doesn't matter though. I don't plan to get rid of it. Any mod thatsvmakes more fun to drive is worth it to me because I enjoy cruising/car scene.
Well when someone hits my pos, and I'm gapped out on insurance and lose only my monthly payments at 2.7% for the time I owned it, and you lose everything, you'll see why financing a what I now learned is RAPIDLY depreciating asset is sometimes a good idea. Especially a high risk asset like something you take out in public around mouth breathing idiots travelling at high speed.

Well when someone hits my pos, and I'm gapped out on insurance and lose only my monthly payments at 2.7% for the time I owned it, and you lose everything, you'll see why financing a what I now learned is RAPIDLY depreciating asset is sometimes a good idea. Especially a high risk asset like something you take out in public around mouth breathing idiots travelling at high speed.

It's financed and gapped. Even if i had cash to buy outright (which i don't) I'd never drop a huge sum of money at one like that. I'd rather pay it off earlier.

It's financed and gapped. Even if i had cash to buy outright (which i don't) I'd never drop a huge sum of money at one like that. I'd rather pay it off earlier.

I thought you said it was paid cash. Misunderstood. At 2.7%, I'm finding more utility in just letting the note run out and gambling that it gets totalled before it hits equity. I'm used to s*** drivers though, and it's not as bad up here, so I'll likely end up paying it off.

Back