2016 CX-9 SBS/SCBS Safety Setting

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
What is the difference between the Near and Far setting for SBS/SCBS warning distance under the Safety Settings? Could not find anything in the owners manual. Thanks.

Attachments

• SBS.jpg
    SBS.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
I think it's how far away is the obstruction before you get a warning. Think about it this way, near = delayed warning. The object will be close to you before it beeps and the car slams on the brakes automatically. Far means the obstruction will be far away and the car will beep giving you more reaction time to brake on your own. I keep mine at far after a few incidents where the car would beep and slam the brakes almost simultaneously. Now it's a bit better, though I've had times where it just slams on the brakes like half a second after.

Thanks SDL. I haven't had the warning or brakes come on from the SBS/SCBS. Still babying the new CX-9. Wondering if the distance set for near and far is listed in some literature some where.

I'll definitely try "far" then. The car has been convinced a couple times that I was going to rear-end the car in front of me that was turning and slammed on the brakes (simultaneous with beep and warning message). It would be nice to get a warning first before scaring the daylights out of me. :)

Back