Have the A/C "issues" been resolved with the 2017 model?

NovCruisin

:
2017 Mazda CX-9
I am looking strongly into the CX-9 and will be test driving this weekend. It seems like a perfect car with one exception...I have read concerns with the A/C for the 2016 model. I live in Dallas, TX where it was already 89 degrees yesterday, so needless to say A/C is VERY important.

I heard that in the past when its consumer's complained about things such as road noise Mazda stepped up and fixed the problem by installing double pane glass...is this the case for the A/C or is this still an issue on its newest model?

I cannot find any answer to this question relative to the 2017 model, only info out there I have been able to find is for 2016. Input would be much appreciated!!

PS: any other tid-bits you can bestow upon me before I test drive (and likely buy) this weekend would be excellent.

I have read concerns with the A/C for the 2016 model.
I live in Plano and have the 2016 CX-9. In my opinion, the AC works fine, but I highly recommend that you tint your passenger and driver-side windows. I went with Llumar 30 and it does make a difference.

I live in Plano and have the 2016 CX-9. In my opinion, the AC works fine, but I highly recommend that you tint your passenger and driver-side windows. I went with Llumar 30 and it does make a difference.

Thanks for that suggestion.

What dealer did you buy the CX9 from? Did you like them?

wonder how will the new gen fare in the ME summer... the 2nd gen was only released here last September/October when the weather was improving.

wonder how will the new gen fare in the ME summer... the 2nd gen was only released here last September/October when the weather was improving.

So you're saying possibly no one may know the answer to this question yet...may be too soon to say? We are looking at the 2017 models. When did the 2017 hit the lots? Recently?

What dealer did you buy the CX9 from? Did you like them?
I went with El Dorado Mazda in McKinney (Jason Drake was sales guy and was very good). I had planned to buy at a different (closer) dealership but at time of closing was told that the window sticker price was 'wrong' and should have been hundreds of dollars higher. I left immediately and went to El Dorado. Your mileage may vary...

I really don't think it's the A/C that's the issue. I think the issue is the windshield and the windows. For some reason the heat from the sun is magnified there.

I'm from Canada and there were times this winter, where my chest was extremely warm from the sun beaming down the car. I haven't experienced this much heat radiating from a car windshield ever. I've decided to tint front windows, on top of that, I'll be putting a strip of tint at the top of the windshield.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

So you're saying possibly no one may know the answer to this question yet...may be too soon to say? We are looking at the 2017 models. When did the 2017 hit the lots? Recently?

I think the 2nd gen release here in Middle East is the 2016 spec, Or in Qatar at least.

I really don't think it's the A/C that's the issue. I think the issue is the windshield and the windows. For some reason the heat from the sun is magnified there.

I'm from Canada and there were times this winter, where my chest was extremely warm from the sun beaming down the car. I haven't experienced this much heat radiating from a car windshield ever. I've decided to tint front windows, on top of that, I'll be putting a strip of tint at the top of the windshield.

I have had that feeling too...like a magnifying glass, the sun just bakes you.
I plan on adding tint, too.

⋯ What dealer did you buy the CX9 from? Did you like them?
I special-ordered my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD at Town North Mazda in Richardson. They're the oldest Mazda dealer in DFW area. They usually don't offer the lowest price in the area but the sales manager Alex Tsvang has been willing to match lowest e-mail price you can find most of time if you mention my name. I like this dealer a lot as they still operate like good-old family-owned business. They don't give you pressure when you're there. Most people work there for a long time and the turn-over rate of the salesmen is low. Go collect some email inquiries on CX-9 prices first then go to Town North. BTW, just tell Alex that "Ray" send you here.

As for AC concern, I personally feel it's not cold enough during the test drive, especially with all-black interior. I don't believe Mazda has made any enhancement on AC for 2017 CX-9, so you'd better pick a hot day and test-drive it by yourself. Test infotainment system too making sure there's no re-boot issue. I believe window tint, including windshield, is a must, and avoid all-black interior if possible!

2017 CX-9 just hit the Mazda dealers recently. Town North has 17 2017's and 5 2016 CX-9 in stock. If you can't find exact one you like, ask Alex special order one from Mazda's port of entry in LA. It'd be much faster doing this way than order one from factory. For our CX-5 it took about 22 days as it was still in a boat on Pacific Ocean when Alex placed the order.

You CAN have the windshield tinted using clear film. I had our 2010 CX-9's windshield tinted with Llumar Air Blue when we bought it back in 2010 when we still lived in Florida. Llumar might call it differently now but it's likely the same or similar product. It does make a huge difference. A strip on the top of the windshield will not be as effective, IMO.

Thanks for everyone's input. Ray, Town North has been narrowed down as one of our top 3 choices but they are the only on who don't have the color we prefer. So I'm communicating with them now about that. Thanks again...looking forward to Saturday when I can join (hopefully) the CX-9 club (2thumbs)

You CAN have the windshield tinted using clear film. I had our 2010 CX-9's windshield tinted with Llumar Air Blue when we bought it back in 2010 when we still lived in Florida. Llumar might call it differently now but it's likely the same or similar product. It does make a huge difference. A strip on the top of the windshield will not be as effective, IMO.
This is a great idea. I'll look into this.

I bought a 2017 sonic silver cx9 signature last week, AC has been stellar. Mine also came equipped with Llumar tinting so maybe that's a factor.

New CX-9

Thanks for everyone's input. Ray, Town North has been narrowed down as one of our top 3 choices but they are the only on who don't have the color we prefer. So I'm communicating with them now about that. Thanks again...looking forward to Saturday when I can join (hopefully) the CX-9 club (2thumbs)
As I said, you can ask any dealers or Alex to special order a new vehicle from the pool at Mazda's port of entry which is in LA area. That means you can have many 2017 CX-9's to choose from and it's much easier to find the exact one you want. Alex still matched the lowest email price I got when he special ordered a new AWD CX-5 for us with VIN so that we can have additional President's Day $500 bonus at the time. Right now there's additional $500 DFW Auto Show Customer Bonus Cash and $750 Mazda Loyality Reward for purchasing a 2017 CX-9.

I happy to report back that we bought a CX-9 yesterday and not only does the A/C work just fine, we went ahead and had the dealer tint them that day so we are nice and cool! 😀

I happy to report back that we bought a CX-9 yesterday and not only does the A/C work just fine, we went ahead and had the dealer tint them that day so we are nice and cool! 😀
Glad you found one and got a good deal at Town North Mazda. No matter how AC performs but window tinting sure will help. Did you tint the windshield?

Back