Corrosion Question

nubbers

:
2016 CX-5 GT Sonic Silver
Anyone notice any corrosion of the metal floor plates that secure the rear seats (where they pivot when folding)? I have a 2016 GT - noticed when grabbing my laptop and giving the interior a quick clean. Note that I live in the Northeast where there is liberal salt use in the winter.

Corrosion 1.jpg
Corrosion 2.jpg

Circles of rust at the center surrounded by white - one pic with flash and the other without (seats upright and locked). Any advice as to what I should do or how to treat is appreciated.

I certainly wouldn't get too concerned over it, the rivets are not holding the seats in. Has a drink been spilled between the seats? Coke can be quite corrosive for instance. I think I would get a cloth and wipe a very thin coat of clean oil or WD40 on it then check again in a couple of months.

I certainly wouldn't get too concerned over it, the rivets are not holding the seats in. Has a drink been spilled between the seats? Coke can be quite corrosive for instance. I think I would get a cloth and wipe a very thin coat of clean oil or WD40 on it then check again in a couple of months.

Yep, I would try that too.

I have a 2014 and mine do not look like that.

Thanks - nothing spilled (rule of no eating in the car for my kids). It definitely looks like it was caused by salt, but I'll give WD40 a try. Appreciate your help and ColoradoDriver's help!

Back