Mazda Canada Site

zoomzoom1979

:
2017 Mazda CX-5
So , the Mazda Canada site no longer shows the 2017 as "coming soon", and has taken away the 2016. It also has more pictures and video of some of the features. It's all stuff I'm sure we've all seen before. But it's one step forward to making things seem 'official'.

https://www.mazda.ca/en/

That is a nice site with lots of good pics. I also noticed that Mazda has an unlimited mileage warranty in Canada. Don't think they have that in the US.

Very nice, thanks for sharing! That's a recent change... last night it still had the 2016.5

I am just waiting for the "Build & Price" section to be updated, it's still showing the 2016 model

Assuming the diesel packages are the same, it's looking like I can get everything I want in the mid level GS with 'Comfort Package'...except for the Bose stereo.

I REALLY wish that was an option.

Anybody know if the lesser, 6 way power seats still have memory or not?

Now I just need to know what the premium for the diesel will be (and if it *fingers crossed* might be available with a stick).

Anybody know if the lesser, 6 way power seats still have memory or not?

You must be referring to passenger's seat (since driver's seat is 10-way not 6-way). Then the answer is No, memory on driver's seat only (two memories via push button on side of seat, plus as many as you like on keyless remote -- when you unlock door with keyless entry seat automatically adjusts to the position for respective remote).

I think he's referring to the 6-way power driver's seat that comes with the Touring model. I don't think that comes with memory, as they have it listed further down as an option on the GT only.

Memory seat is only available on the GT trim.

Thanks. Not a deal breaker but that and the upgraded stereo would be nice. Not enough to push me to the GT though I don't think. Especially as I'd prefer the 17" wheels.

I think he's referring to the 6-way power driver's seat that comes with the Touring model. I don't think that comes with memory, as they have it listed further down as an option on the GT only.

sorry I didn't read carefully and looked in the wrong direction: GT driver side (10-way) vs GT passenger side (6-way).

Seeing that they have a 2.0 with manual transmission there... makes me wonder... if there might be one for the US... Just seems awfully strange to me... I'm still holding out a sliver of hope...

Seeing that they have a 2.0 with manual transmission there... makes me wonder... if there might be one for the US... Just seems awfully strange to me... I'm still holding out a sliver of hope...
No, there's no hope for manual CX-5 in the US with all the specs and pricing info coming out! Mazda has always been treating Canadians better than Americans as they're getting memory seat and 6-way power passenger's seat and unlimited mileage warranty on 1st-gen CX-5's!

So, now we can believe the specs and prices from Mazda? I thought you said that Mazda's info is incorrect and to believe your dealer! What is this? Alternative facts?
No, there's no hope for manual CX-5 in the US with all the specs and pricing info coming out! Mazda has always been treating Canadians better than Americans as they're getting memory seat and 6-way power passenger's seat and unlimited mileage warranty on 1st-gen CX-5's!

So, now we can believe the specs and prices from Mazda? I thought you said that Mazda's info is incorrect and to believe your dealer! What is this? Alternative facts?
You use your judgement. When a package equivalent to two old packages for $2,405, now selling for $780, that's too good to be true! Besides that price is from one single press kit, can be wrong easily by a simple misprint. No manual on 2017 CX-5? Sales brochure、spec sheet、press kit、etc all support that. And it's not easy simply just misprinting with "no manual" like the packake price "$780"!

Seriously kev (no dr for you) be rational. Admittedly still hoping for the $780 touring preferred package price but there's no rational reason for me to believe that and not yrwei or his dealer on that one. Upside is if he's wrong I win- at least in the sense that it would make the Touring more attractive even though I'll probably gravitate toward the GT anyway.

Canada can still also get a base Subaru Outback with a stick as well. I think we still have a slightly higher percentage take up rate on manuals up here is why.

I've also read that Mazda plans to market the diesel as their 'sport' model of the CX5 which leaves me hopeful we'll see it offered with a stick here in North America *crosses fingers and toes*. That may be your only shot of getting it with a manual in the US (and even that's only a sliver of hope).

Couldn't a US citizen just buy a Mazda in Canada and "drive it home"?

Couldn't a US citizen just buy a Mazda in Canada and "drive it home"?

No, they'd have to 'import' it. Crap tons of paperwork, taxes (on taxes), fees etc. At least going the other way (I imported a US trailer to Canada a few years back).

Seriously, Monte, I am being rational. "Ray's" approach to the CX-5 (and to Mazda in general) seems to be that of a tabloid journalist.

Seriously kev (no dr for you) be rational. Admittedly still hoping for the $780 touring preferred package price but there's no rational reason for me to believe that and not yrwei or his dealer on that one. Upside is if he's wrong I win- at least in the sense that it would make the Touring more attractive even though I'll probably gravitate toward the GT anyway.

No, they'd have to 'import' it. Crap tons of paperwork, taxes (on taxes), fees etc. At least going the other way (I imported a US trailer to Canada a few years back).

Get it certified or checked, pay duties, you can do paperwork in advance before border crossing, cross border. Register in your state. You can buy insurance based on VIN from Canada and USA.
Not worth it if you live lower down like in CO TX NM etc. May make sense if you are in MI etc and need memory seats and 10 way power seats + passenger seats with power as well.

Comment from city - data:
It's not difficult and you can easily do it yourself. Make sure you have your recall letter and compliance letter from the manufacturer/importer, and it meets the US requirements. The paperwork takes 10 minutes to complete, but you need your ducks in a row for when you cross.

US customs has all the details on their website, along with links to the forms.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/auto...fficult-import-car-into-us.html#ixzz4cHTlnYZu

Back