TomTom to Mazda Connect Swap?

MacRambler

:
2014 Mazda6
Is it possible to swap a TomTom audio & nav head unit from a 2014 Mazda6 for a Mazda Connect head unit from a 2016 Mazda CX-5? It appears that it would would fit, but I have not been able to find any information on the connections or compatibility. I know this sounds crazy, but I'd really like to get a head unit that's more user friendly. I'm also very hopeful the current news on CarPlay adoption is correct.

When we recently bought a car for our daughter, I was talking to the seller about our 6. He said he used to have one and had enquired at Mazda about upgrading his TomTom system to mzd connect. He said it was more than just swapping out the head unit, and they told him it was possible but would cost about $3000au. Too many bickies for me to consider.

I have not seen anyone do it done on the forums yet. I would love to see it done... but something tells me if it was easy, we would have seen others do it already.

I do not know for sure, but I suppose that perhaps the BLUETOOTH module might have to be swapped as well??? Not to mention the wiring adapting from the separate hardware based tom tom nav unit, to the SD card software based system of the MazdConnect.

Maybe go to a Mazdaparts dealer that has good online Parts depart with all the diagrams, and examine the parts that changed part numbers between the 2 systems.

It's incoming ;) There is one guy in Poland that spend a lot of time on wiring. It's 100% functionally + Android Auto. Soon also in my CX-5 2014 - bye bye NB1!

83292823_1085067095174041_7684794277594923008_o.jpg

Back