Factory Seats

:
Mazda Protege5
I would like to know if there are any front seats from Mazda that have better support then the factory P5 seats? I would like to keep the side air bags if possible! I have some back issues and the factory seats really bother me after about 30 to 45 minutes of driving. Since my P5 is my only car now, it sucks to have to limit my driving distance or have to stop for rest breaks! I did use the search engine on the forum, but it didn't really help me out. Does anyone have any ideas or has tried a replacement seat from a different model of Mazda? Thank you in advance for the help!

You could fit a bunch of different seats, takes a bit of fabrication.
I think the P5 seats are comfy. But this is the first car I have owned outside of a Datsun 510 wagon, been sitting in truck seats my whole life.

I would like to know if there are any front seats from Mazda that have better support then the factory P5 seats? I would like to keep the side air bags if possible! I have some back issues and the factory seats really bother me after about 30 to 45 minutes of driving. Since my P5 is my only car now, it sucks to have to limit my driving distance or have to stop for rest breaks! I did use the search engine on the forum, but it didn't really help me out. Does anyone have any ideas or has tried a replacement seat from a different model of Mazda? Thank you in advance for the help!

Do you have the cloth or the leather P5 Seats?
Do yours have a lot of wear and miles? Now that things are 15+ yrs old, the foam can be deteriorating internally... Body structure of previous owners/drivers makes a big difference too.

Let me say, I understand the back pain. When you have back pain, unfortunately 30 minutes in ANY seat, including the best in the world will be in comfortable... There are Foam wedges designed for this that are available.

I like the stock cloth p5 seats. You can put in any seat you want as stated with fabrication to the seat rails.
I know I'm thinking of getting some other madaspeed seats and put them in mine for looks

Yes I have the Black Leather seats, the car has 176k on it. Maybe the seat foam is wore out? I didn't really think about that! Although I do really dislike the large gap between the seat back and seat bottom, every time I put something on the seat it falls onto the floor by the back seat! Maybe I'll stop by the local auto upholstery shop and see what they say? Yes I would like a lot more lumbar support, a little more leg support and side. Keep me from sliding around in the seat when taking those corners at 100 mph! LoL! Well maybe it's really more like 40 mph.......(drive2)

Yes I have the Black Leather seats, the car has 176k on it. Maybe the seat foam is wore out? I didn't really think about that! Although I do really dislike the large gap between the seat back and seat bottom, every time I put something on the seat it falls onto the floor by the back seat! Maybe I'll stop by the local auto upholstery shop and see what they say? Yes I would like a lot more lumbar support, a little more leg support and side. Keep me from sliding around in the seat when taking those corners at 100 mph! LoL! Well maybe it's really more like 40 mph.......(drive2)
In all honesty those leather seats are very uncomfortable when compared with the fabric ones that were in the same year Protege5.

In all honesty those leather seats are very uncomfortable when compared with the fabric ones that were in the same year Protege5.

I don't have the leather but have bouts of sciatica myself. Unfortunately i have a 2 hour commute (each way) to work. The car was KILLING me but obviously driving a Sequoia at 16MPG is cost prohibitive at 200+ miles per day. I bought one of these from Amazon and made a WORLD of difference. For $12 and 30 seconds to strap it in, definitely worth a try
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Back