2nd Row Seat Guide Rail cover removal

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2015
Im not sure if this has been tackled before, has anyone removed the plastic cover for the 2nd row seat guide rail?

Just went to the beach the other day and the passengers were nice enough not to tap their footwears to remove the extra sand. Sand got inside the rails and though I vacuumed maybe 80% or 90% of it through sticking a thin nozzle, my OCD still convinces me there is still more inside and dont want a gritty slide when I move my 2nd row seats forward.

Im not sure if this has been tackled before, has anyone removed the plastic cover for the 2nd row seat guide rail?

Just went to the beach the other day and the passengers were nice enough not to tap their footwears to remove the extra sand. Sand got inside the rails and though I vacuumed maybe 80% or 90% of it through sticking a thin nozzle, my OCD still convinces me there is still more inside and dont want a gritty slide when I move my 2nd row seats forward.
I just finished cleaning mine (2008) for the second time in four years. The plastic rail covers are held in place partially by the rounded plastic end caps. Pop those off with a screwdriver and plastic rails will slide out.

That's where the hard work begins. Mine were filled with dirt, salt sand and groundup Cheerios. All mixed in with the original grease. At this point you can do about half the track, or if you remove the seats the whole thing. I had them out to make it convenient for the detail shop to shampoo the carpet.

I sprayed degreaser in them and then wiped them out by dragging a paint stir stick wrapped in paper towel. Took an hour. Much better now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just finished cleaning mine (2008) for the second time in four years. The plastic rail covers are held in place partially by the rounded plastic end caps. Pop those off with a screwdriver and plastic rails will slide out.

That's where the hard work begins. Mine were filled with dirt, salt sand and groundup Cheerios. All mixed in with the original grease. At this point you can do about half the track, or if you remove the seats the whole thing. I had them out to make it convenient for the detail shop to shampoo the carpet.

I sprayed degreaser in them and then wiped them out by dragging a paint stir stick wrapped in paper towel. Took an hour. Much better now.

Thanks for this information, My car is less than a year old, may I will give it a few more months before attempting to clean it. (I successfully banned chocolates on the car but failed to do so with biscuits)

Awesome - thanks for this info. I plan to tackle this myself in prep for selling our 2010. There's 7 years of the same stuff you have in there. Legos, cheez-its, pretzel, beech sand, you name it. Moving the seats is difficult. Truth be told, they rarely need to be moved except to put kids in the 3rd row more easily and usually they just climb over anyway. I might skip it! Sounds like work somebody else might not care about or even notice in a sale.

Back