Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping for 2017 6 Touring

Registered Member

2017 Mazda6 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by jpjr50 View Post
    Mazda gives you a lot of car for the money. I didn't buy a new Mazda 6, honestly I never buy new. I wait for the original owner to take the depreciation bath then I swoop in as the second owner.

I do have OCD so I'll only buy Mazda Certified Used from the dealer I buy all my Mazda's from. Certified Used extends the warranty for 5 years plus you get roadside service. My Mazda 6 and CX-9 I bought this year have warranty and roadside until 2022 for no extra cost.
    The official Mazda CPO program extends the basic warranty for 12 mos / 12k miles and the powertrain warranty for 24 mos / 40k miles. A good deal for sure but not 5 years. Or are you talking about some dealer-specific coverage? Like the dealers that claim to offer a lifetime powertrain warranty if you get all the service done there?

I prefer to search out the best new car deals over used and I'm confident I only pay $1k to $2k extra for that new car smell. Especially in the summer when the discounts come out to move the leftovers off the lots. The CPO prices don't come down as fast as the new prices, narrowing the gap considerably between them.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCrystal17 View Post
    The official Mazda CPO program extends the basic warranty for 12 mos / 12k miles and the powertrain warranty for 24 mos / 40k miles. A good deal for sure but not 5 years. Or are you talking about some dealer-specific coverage? Like the dealers that claim to offer a lifetime powertrain warranty if you get all the service done there?

I prefer to search out the best new car deals over used and I'm confident I only pay $1k to $2k extra for that new car smell. Especially in the summer when the discounts come out to move the leftovers off the lots. The CPO prices don't come down as fast as the new prices, narrowing the gap considerably between them.
    Yes, this is dealer specific for the extended warranty. I bought both my 6 and CX-9 there (few months apart) so both have this coverage for free.

My Chevy Traverse also had a version of this which included 2.5 years of free oil changes / tire rotations every 5,000 miles (could not come in earlier).

When I'm buying I tend to look for these programs, I've taken advantage of them on 4 cars now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12