Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66

Thread: The Jeep is back in the driveway.

  1. #16
    Registered Member

    16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Do you have the tech package? I'm pretty sure it's not a .5 feature. It's called "walk away lock". It automatically locks when you walk away and the key isn't inside. Also can't lock keys in car.
    It's also neat because it beeps when you walk away so if it doesn't beep at me I know I forgot my car in the car. Not must have, but cool.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Yeah it's not a .5 feature as I have it on my 2016. Definitely a great feature. If I'm in a iffy location, I still manually lock though.

  2. #17
    Registered Member ImVKool's Avatar

    CX-5 2015 Diesel 2.2 sportsline black all incl.

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Berlin 101 Germany
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    I should​ have mentioned that. It's actually a 2017. It's a Latitude which is a mid trim level. Of course, Jeep has at least 5 trims so I'm sure keyless might be available on the higher trimmed ones. The Latitude was what I was cross shopping though.
    Yea, I'm still anti auto liftgates. Unless it can also be used manually...Like the 2017 CX5. Advanced keyless I just have to have. Both my cars have it. Although on the Volvo it's a standard feature.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    We installed auto lifter a year ago, they have been very loud. Now newest generation on Ali much better, quiet like premium.
    So most upgraded the system, combine it with foot sensor, a button inside the car cabine and one inside the trunk.

    Cheers 101
    "Airwolf101" black 2015 2.2D 175 AWD - up 210/505 NM all incl. FL mirrors, totally dark windows at back, brake caliper yellow, Climair at front windows, Taiwan hood lifter, day drive light, trunk light LED's xxl, mirror modul, footwell lighting w remote, Wiechers sport dome strut bar, HG Motorsport 114mm BullX exhaust, 20'Tires spacers 15mm, C&S OBD modification, deadbutton for all electronic, 2Can bus modul for DPF reg. AWD-traction. oil-temp. & batterie charge, evil eyes, follow me home light, Napoli close ..........next: whidening the wheel's (not Topline) + spacers 25mm front 30mm back - DOPE

  3. #18
    Registered Member ImVKool's Avatar

    CX-5 2015 Diesel 2.2 sportsline black all incl.

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Berlin 101 Germany
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Do you have the tech package? I'm pretty sure it's not a .5 feature. It's called "walk away lock". It automatically locks when you walk away and the key isn't inside. Also can't lock keys in car.
    It's also neat because it beeps when you walk away so if it doesn't beep at me I know I forgot my key in the car. Not must have, but cool.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    In Germany the premium version is called sportsline, like mine it got this keyless close/open technic and the memory function for the driver seat. This keyless is the most unsafe point on the car, the signal can be catcher saved and used from a stranger to steel the car fast and easy. A few driver decide to deinstall this feature from Mazda.
    I like it and have other secure system, they can sit in my car enjoy the music, but never can drive it away!!!

    Cheers 101
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  4. #19
    Registered Member

    1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Hiroshima Japan
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Mazda appreciation day 1.
    2 more things:
    I wear my seatbelt 99.5% of the time. When I go to the drugstore at the end of my residential street is about the only time I don't wear it. Seatbelt reminder never stops. Ok, that's not a big deal. But this one?
    Walk out of the drugstore. Bag in one hand, big dog food bag in the other. Grab the door handle. Crap. Locked. Set bag on the ground, fumble around my pockets to find the key. Barbaric! 😀

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a recommendation for the 2017 CX5 power gate!

  5. #20
    Registered Member 7eregrine's Avatar

    2016.5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    CLE
    Posts
    1,310
    I was waiting for someone to say that. My hand was still free. If the door would have just unlocked for me.

  6. #21
    Registered Member

    2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    378
    Lots of people like to hate on Consumer Reports because they are not an "enthusiast magazine", but I think they have their place. They actually buy their own cars and do their own tests, as opposed to publications who get cars sent to them from manufacturers for review.

    The Miata fits the classic definition of what a "sports car" is. Most cars nowadays should be called performance cars instead of sport cars. For an enlightening read, check this out:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...ar-definition/

    So how is the jeep's handling/feel compared to the CX-5? Is it fun to drive?


  7. #22
    Registered Member Reggae's Avatar

    2014 CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    131
    Will never buy a Jeep product every again had the Grand Cherokee Overland and it was falling apart and spent more time at the stealership than in my driveway. Got rid of it after 2 years
    2014 Meteor Gray Mica
    CX-5 GT AWD 6AT w/Tech Pkg

    Zoom Zooming Reggae style..

  8. #23
    Registered Member ImVKool's Avatar

    CX-5 2015 Diesel 2.2 sportsline black all incl.

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Berlin 101 Germany
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggae View Post
    Will never buy a Jeep product every again had the Grand Cherokee Overland and it was falling apart and spent more time at the stealership than in my driveway. Got rid of it after 2 years
    A friend of mine had also a lot issues with his Grand Cherokee around 2004/2005 was it I think-so not one of the new models under FIAT Management!?

    Cheers 101
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #24
    Registered Member

    2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Just got back from breakfast.
    3 things:
    Someone said the other day it's annoying to remote start the Mazda and then have it shut off when you open the door. I remote stated mom's Jeep. Got in. Car wouldn't move out of Reverse. Wtf? Oh, I forgot...You have to put the key in. That's annoying.

    Then we leave the restaurant...Doh. I forgot. You have to lock the doors, it's not automatic. I feel like I've gone back in time to ... 2012.

    The heated steering wheel is a nice feature though.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    wife had a '16 cherokee a few weeks ago as a loaner while her **shudder** tuscon was in the shop (bought before i even met her i swear) - transmission was as god-awful as advertised, 100% agree about the heated steering wheel but not used often enough to impact any decision for me, ITS was pretty nice & interior well put together but not enough so over the cx-5 to deal with that shifting, drove it around just for the sake of putting miles on someone else's car but boy was i happier in my cx-5...still not as happy as i'll be when the tuscon goes but that's a story for another day

  10. #25
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post

    The Miata fits the classic definition of what a "sports car" is. Most cars nowadays should be called performance cars instead of sport cars. For an enlightening read, check this out:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...ar-definition/

    So how is the jeep's handling/feel compared to the CX-5? Is it fun to drive?
    Thanks for that link, very interesting read!

  11. #26
    Registered Member

    2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Thanks for that link, very interesting read!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  12. #27
    Registered Member ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggae View Post
    Will never buy a Jeep product every again had the Grand Cherokee Overland and it was falling apart and spent more time at the stealership than in my driveway. Got rid of it after 2 years
    I got 300,000 miles out of a '98 Grand Cherokee, but damn if it didn't spend a lot of time at the repair shop and cost lots of $$$ to get it there.

    Was happy to be rid of it and get the CX-5

  13. #28
    Swollen Member Natey's Avatar
    Donated: $20

    '93 RX-7, '91 RX7, '03.5 MSP, '02 P5, '01 Miata, '99 Miata etc

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pleasure Point, California
    Posts
    6,084
    My jeep cherokee 4.0 went over 150K before the tranny went out. The engine was still going strong though. I couldn't get a loan for 4k to fix the jeep, but they offered me 15K for a new car. That's when I bought my protege5.

    Not all jeeps are junk. Mine was near bulletproof. I didn't exactly take it easy on the thing either...I was 20 something and we have 4x4 trails all around here. There's something to be said about a body-on-frame true 4wd vehicle. They're good in a different way than something that comfortably goes around corners and gets good commuter mileage. The jeep I had did neither of those things well, but it was a great, FUN car to have.
    NPOT (Norcal Protege Options Team)
    .
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/335883...photo-gallery/

  14. #29
    Registered Member CX-5um's Avatar

    13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey View Post
    My jeep cherokee 4.0 went over 150K before the tranny went out. The engine was still going strong though. I couldn't get a loan for 4k to fix the jeep, but they offered me 15K for a new car. That's when I bought my protege5.

    Not all jeeps are junk. Mine was near bulletproof. I didn't exactly take it easy on the thing either...I was 20 something and we have 4x4 trails all around here. There's something to be said about a body-on-frame true 4wd vehicle. They're good in a different way than something that comfortably goes around corners and gets good commuter mileage. The jeep I had did neither of those things well, but it was a great, FUN car to have.
    I heard the "older" 4.0 Jeep engines were bullet proof.

  15. #30
    Registered Member 7eregrine's Avatar

    2016.5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    CLE
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
    Lots of people like to hate on Consumer Reports because they are not an "enthusiast magazine", but I think they have their place. They actually buy their own cars and do their own tests, as opposed to publications who get cars sent to them from manufacturers for review.

    The Miata fits the classic definition of what a "sports car" is. Most cars nowadays should be called performance cars instead of sport cars. For an enlightening read, check this out:
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...ar-definition/

    So how is the jeep's handling/feel compared to the CX-5? Is it fun to drive?
    It is fun. Pretty peppy. The CX5 does feel a bit quicker and more planted in the turns but not by a huge margin. You can definitely feel the difference though. It is quite a bit heavier.
    The 9 speed transmission does feel a little jerky sometimes as many people complain. I experienced it today when I really got on it. Punched it and when I let off it downshifted and kind of jerked a bit trying to figure out which gear to slow to. I doubt many soccer moms would ever notice but an aggressive driver like me will experience it. It's not awful or disconcerting...But it is strange.
    It does have Sport mode which I think engages all 4 wheels as it's part of the AWD selector. I'll try that out next.
    Overall I do like it. Hate the Infotainment though as I've said a million times. You can arrange the icons a little which is why I think it earns high praise from reviewers. You can change the background screen to a few different choices. That's cool. iT SOUNDS GREAT.
    The backup system is nice. It doesn't have cross traffic radar which I didn't realize I'd miss.
    It has that stupid chrome around the window, which I hate. And is it just me or does it not quite lineup correctly?



    Oh, and I said there were like 5 trim levels. I double checked. There's freaking 8! Ridiculous.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 03-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is there oil in the driveway under my cx5???
    By bazooka joe in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 12:35 AM
  2. Pave your driveway or Else...
    By hazeXban in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 11:43 PM
  3. Driveway
    By mazdaspeed2L in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 12:47 AM
  4. My Driveway
    By MikeBlueP5 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 03:05 PM
  5. Something else showed up in the driveway!! Must See!
    By TurboZX3 in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2002, 12:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •